User Tag List

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Default How to solicit to schools?

What's the best and least offensive way to solicit to schools?

They are the key to my gym's success, and I'm not sure how to get in there without pulling some splinter cell shit.

Enneagram
    9w8

Word of mouth is fantastic. Also, kids wearing T-shirts to school with your logo on it is good. If there are any community festivals, show up and show out in a good way. By that I mean do things like set up a booth and hand out "freebies" and brochures about your gym. If you have anyone who is willing, maybe have a group of people put on a little performance. I broke concrete blocks all summer downtown to draw a crowd and let my training partners cut cucumbers off me with machetes, walked on glass and did all kinds of weird stuff, just to draw a crowd. haha...You don't have to go that far. Anyway, back on track, if you have a friend who is a teacher, this is good. Get him or her to wear T-shirts with your logo on it to school and to maybe leave your business cards in the office or the workroom/lounge.

Those are just a few ideas. I actually work in a school. I'm a teacher and I'm in the process of establishing my own martial arts school. I've been hoofing it doing all those things I said above. haha...handing out brochures, attending festivals, doing the facebook thing, designing t-shirts and logos and stuff and I'm getting ready to hit up the newspapers and radio. Hopefully, I can get a spot on a couple of talk shows. Anyway, those are just a few ideas.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

Both Ene and DJ Arendee are operating a business. And naturally their posts are not disinterested but interested in futhering their business.

Enneagram
    9w8

Naturally
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

The word 'solicit' is revealing because 'solicit' is a pejorative word.