User Tag List

Glycerine

Default Feedback and Jobs... Advice?

Is it unreasonable for me to expect some feedback? Is that how most jobs go?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I say focus more on the 'job in the future' thing. If he's offering a job in the future, and it has definite time frames, you can be assured enough that you're doing a good job and he's not BSing you.

Most of the jobs I've worked, if I'm doing great I don't hear a thing, and if I'm doing badly they're down my throat. So no news is typically good news for me. But, then again, everyone's boss is different. He could really just be one of those testy, anti-social bosses that doesn't realize that a little bit of free words and validation go a long, long way to making employees happy.. or he could be BSing you, feeding off of your volunteer hours, and getting as much as he can while he can. Impossible to tell from where I'm standing.

I'd wait a while, and then ask about the job opportunity. If that keeps seeming shady, I'd bet the rest of it is too.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I say focus more on the 'job in the future' thing. If he's offering a job in the future, and it has definite time frames, you can be assured enough that you're doing a good job and he's not BSing you.

Most of the jobs I've worked, if I'm doing great I don't hear a thing, and if I'm doing badly they're down my throat. So no news is typically good news for me. But, then again, everyone's boss is different. He could really just be one of those testy, anti-social bosses that doesn't realize that a little bit of free words and validation go a long, long way to making employees happy.. or he could be BSing you, feeding off of your volunteer hours, and getting as much as he can while he can. Impossible to tell from where I'm standing.

I'd wait a while, and then ask about the job opportunity. If that keeps seeming shady, I'd bet the rest of it is too.
    Thank you. My work experience is limited so I didn't know what the expectations should be.
    I think the best of course of action for me would be to clarify things with him before I get in deeper and there's a lot of drama created.
    Last edited by Glycerine; 09-26-2013 at 10:03 PM.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I assume that the OP is mostly gone for a reason, but I did want to echo:

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Most of the jobs I've worked, if I'm doing great I don't hear a thing, and if I'm doing badly they're down my throat.
    Same.

And generally supervisors I've had are open to giving feedback on my performance if I ask them.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    I assume that the OP is mostly gone for a reason, but I did want to echo:

Same.

And generally supervisors I've had are open to giving feedback on my performance if I ask them.
    I wanted input but then I got paranoid that the details may be too unique. The response is still quite appreciated though.