• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Career Shifts/Changes

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Something piqued my curiosity after reading the "Post your careers" thread.

In countries that either desire qualifications and/or experience, how did you manage career changes/shifts in career focus? What made you decide to change careers, and how did you make it happen? :)

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I'm going into my third interview with Waddell & Reed financial advisors.

Apparently I bumped into one of the higher ups from the firm at a Jax chamber of commerce event, and he was impressed enough to give my business card to the managing principle.

She called me up out of the blue asking if I would like to interview.

NETWORKING PAYS OFF. DO IT.

I will have to pay for/study for the Series 7 and 66 and the Florida insurance exam, but I should pass those as long as I study.

W

WhoCares

Something piqued my curiosity after reading the "Post your careers" thread.

In countries that either desire qualifications and/or experience, how did you manage career changes/shifts in career focus? What made you decide to change careers, and how did you make it happen? :)

By leveraging skills you already possess which are applicable to the new field. Employers dont read between the lines, you have to show them you've got the right skill set by clearly spelling it out. It also shows you understand what the new job involves which surprisingly a lot of candidates dont.