User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Yeah, I got a good GPA, and then proceeded to be a childcare provider for the next ten years. Nothing I've done since has hinged on my GPA.

As for grad school (since I understand GPA does factor into that), I think if you do well on whatever entrance exams you have to take for your chosen graduate field, many programs will be willing to overlook your GPA (which isn't even all that bad).

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

In a lot of fields, GPA doesn't matter at all. In many fields, getting a 3.0 is the cut off. I think engineering programs want above a 3.5 and medicine wants around a 3.75. But aside from those, your options are wide open. The problem is that the economy is really bad and in a lot of places, any open position is flooded with applications. That's not a problem with your GPA, though. Rest easy. What's done is done, and you should just focus on moving forward. You have a college degree, which many people don't. And your grades, whilst they aren't top-notch, are okay. That's also something you have going for you. Good luck!

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    In a lot of fields, GPA doesn't matter at all. In many fields, getting a 3.0 is the cut off. I think engineering programs want above a 3.5 and medicine wants around a 3.75. But aside from those, your options are wide open. The problem is that the economy is really bad and in a lot of places, any open position is flooded with applications. That's not a problem with your GPA, though. Rest easy. What's done is done, and you should just focus on moving forward. You have a college degree, which many people don't. And your grades, whilst they aren't top-notch, are okay. That's also something you have going for you. Good luck!
    It looks like even for engineering, at least, you can get by with above a 3.0, actually. Probably for medicine, too.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78