• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What jobs have you had?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Congrats, Disco!! :cheers:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thanks a ton!! :hug: :cheers:
:party2:

Which reminds me... Update as of two weeks ago:
Childhood jobs:
- Yard work for my parents
- Data entry for my mom
- House- and pet-sitting for neighbors
After that:
- Student intern for national political campaign (unpaid)
- Personal organizer for professor in my hometown (organized her three offices in a summer)
- Office aide at financial planning firm
- Research and Fundraising Intern for politician (unpaid)
- University radio DJ (unpaid)
- Assistant at university theatre department costume shop (sewing costumes and crafting props)
- Freelance theatre knitting, for said costume shop and for another theatre in the city
- Something new, in the next few days (God willing)
- Fundraising researcher for a consulting firm

(In other words -- we both have new jobs!!
You excited??)

G

garbage

Jobs:
- Bagboy/cashier
- Technician and software/hardware engineer, from intern up to professional level. Was my job throughout undergrad, starting my second semester of freshman year.
- Researcher, from 'intern' up to professional level. This is my primary occupation, and it will be for the foreseeable future. The job itself encompasses a bunch of varied stuff; and it could have about a billion sub-bullets underneath.

That sure isn't a lot of jobs, but I've very much liked the second one on down. Part of it is luck; part of it is scouring for opportunities early on and holding onto them until their faces turned red and their eyes popped out of their sockets.

Other stuff that I'm doing on the side:
- Small business co-founder man. Pretty much 'researcher,' but more focused and with a different.. ... employer. Fairly stagnant at the moment while I concentrate on other things.
- Rentin' out properties.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
:party2:

Which reminds me... Update as of two weeks ago:

- Fundraising researcher for a consulting firm

(In other words -- we both have new jobs!!
You excited??)

Excited and nervous.

I have to fork over a not insubstantial chunk of change (almost $1000) to pay for the licensing exams (series 7, 66, and the Florida insurance and loans) when I go in tomorrow.

Luckily I have enough backlogged business as a realtor that I can afford to focus on studying for those while I wrap up my business as a realtor.

And I just want everything to go well. I expect it to, but I have a bad habit of worrying more than I should about some stuff.

EDIT - and CONGRATS!!! by the way.

Raffaella

bon vivant
I've had several jobs but the worst was being a medical secretary because I worked with my father and it was a boring job.

Destiny

A wannabe dog
Private Tutor at a tuition agency
Teaching assistant at a tuition centre
Selling chocolates on the street
Selling flowers on the streets on valentine day
Flyer Distributor
Retail assistant
Clinic assistant
Office job
Order taker/promoter for a grocery store
Promoter for a phone shop

And I am planning to work for myself one day, I seriously can't stand working for people :dry: