Fast food worker
Movie theater usher
Video store manager
Graduate teaching assistant
NFL Films production assistant
Movie production assistant
Movie production coordinator
Visual effects coordinator
Last edited by EffEmDoubleyou; 08-13-2013 at 10:53 PM.
Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.
- baby/pet/plant sitter (i was like 10.. it's still a job)
- one of those poor bastards who worked in those pretzel carts at the mall
- furniture salesman
- shoe salesman
- gas station/truckstop (attendant clerk/assistant manager)
- convenience store manager
- hotel receptionist
- hostess (fuck the food industry)
- barback (except booze, booze is easy)
- I'd say tutor, but really I just ended up writing a lot of papers for people.
- security guard (I'm pretty terrifying)
- animal shelter work (mostly cleaning/feeding/walking pets)
- a lot of community/repertory theatre work - backstage: sound, setbuilding (I don't count onstage as work)
- standing in as vocalist for friends' band gigs when theirs couldn't get outta work (if that counts)
my current job is not being medically fucked up anymore so I can pursue dreams, etc.
I think it'll pay off pretty well.
03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!
04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy
02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack
03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.
Janitor (with my mom, in trade for tuition at Quaker private school in lieu of pay)
Childcare provider (like babysitting, but more professionalism and less eating the family's food after the kids are in bed)
Census enumerator/crew leader assistant/assistant to the crew leader
Not freelance writer/editor
- Yard work for my parents
- Data entry for my mom
- House- and pet-sitting for neighbors
- Student intern for national political campaign (unpaid)
- Personal organizer for professor in my hometown (organized her three offices in a summer)
- Office aide at financial planning firm
- Research and Fundraising Intern for politician (unpaid)
- University radio DJ (unpaid)
- Assistant at university theatre department costume shop (sewing costumes and crafting props)
- Freelance theatre knitting, for said costume shop and for another theatre in the city
- Something new, in the next few days (God willing)
When i was in school and had these apprentice jobs i did some machining and random metal work and assembling industrial pumps(also had a summer job there). When i got out of school i went to civilian service and was mostly washing dishes. After that i got a full time job in the same company i was doing that assembling in, also worked in internal logistics driving a forklift truck there. Then i did some photography and now im in the furnature department in this second hand store by red cross. Besides doing the basic stuff there im also the guy who repairs the furnature(and also some small stuff like paintings and jewelery) if there is some almost working and worth giving a small fix.
"Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
— C.G. Jung