• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFINITE FIELDS OF INSIDIOUS INDECISION INHIBIT MY CAREER SEARCH: Advice Needed!

Which of these jobs are good for a family-minded male 7w6 ENFP?

• Total voters

Arctic Hysteria

an abyss of Nothingness
MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have thought of that, and I think I mentioned it before. I do not know what TESOL is, but I would like one!

Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages

This degree, combining with a college degree at at least bachelor level, enables you to teach English overseas, as it prepares you with necessary pedagogical skills. Teaching overseas can be considered as a life experience, and you can do it before you start a family. Some truly love teaching and they end up opening private language schools in another country and have their friends work with them.

[MENTION=20955]johnnyyukon[/MENTION], I think we NF kind of need to "take time to figure things out" and to "try different things". "Trying" doesn't mean trying for fun, but to really make an effort to pick something up and to build your life around that plan. IF things don't work out, or it doesn't "feel right", you can always believe that you can start something else. In my teenage years, I did take a lot of social and family expectations into consideration to choose my major. I changed my major twice because I finally realized studying and working in those fields made me feel like fish out of water. I wish I had taken my time, got a few different types of jobs, worked, learned new languages and figured out what I'd have wanted to commit to.

[MENTION=18694]Magic Qwan[/MENTION], you do need to consider job markets before you pick a major, but how big this "market" is, it depends on your will for adventures and ambition! Is it your hometown market? Your state market? Your country market? Can this field be useful in another country? (IF you strongly desire to travel, like me)

Once you choose a field, can you imagine yourself doing it for the rest of your life? Or at least for a very long time?
Do you think you can be good at it?

Make a mind map.

I don't know about you but, I like many things, I am good at a number of things, but there are not more than 2 things I can see myself doing for the rest of my life, and only 1 out of those 2 things is a realistic plan/goal under the current and near future circumstances.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages

This degree, combining with a college degree at at least bachelor level, enables you to teach English overseas, as it prepares you with necessary pedagogical skills. Teaching overseas can be considered as a life experience, and you can do it before you start a family. Some truly love teaching and they end up opening private language schools in another country and have their friends work with them.

[MENTION=20955]johnnyyukon[/MENTION], I think we NF kind of need to "take time to figure things out" and to "try different things". "Trying" doesn't mean trying for fun, but to really make an effort to pick something up and to build your life around that plan. IF things don't work out, or it doesn't "feel right", you can always believe that you can start something else. In my teenage years, I did take a lot of social and family expectations into consideration to choose my major. I changed my major twice because I finally realized studying and working in those fields made me feel like fish out of water. I wish I had taken my time, got a few different types of jobs, worked, learned new languages and figured out what I'd have wanted to commit to.

[MENTION=18694]Magic Qwan[/MENTION], you do need to consider job markets before you pick a major, but how big is this "market" it depends on your will for adventures! Is it your hometown market? Your state market? Your country market? Can this field be useful in another country? (IF you strongly desire to travel, like me)

Once you choose a field, can you imagine yourself doing it for the rest of your life? Or at least a very long time?
Do you think you can be good at it?

Make a mind map.

I don't know about you but, I like many things, I am good at a number of things, but there's not more than 2 things I can see myself doing for the rest of my life, and only 1 out of those 2 things is more realistic for the current and near future circumstances.

I'm going for it.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hey MQ, have you thought about looking into AmeriCorps or the Peace Corps? Both would allow you to get away from home, support yourself, place you in a community of humanitarian workers, help you work on your organizational/data use skills, give you a new exploratory experience, and let you try hands-on work with tons of room for growth and self-development. It would be less micromanaging in terms of minor slip-ups with more focus on your practical ability to be resourceful, to cooperate, and to help everyone thrive. It seems like an opportunity that would suit an ENFP 729 So/Sp type very well. I imagine that you could inquire into science-information-related positions, if you wanted. I have an ENFJ 3w4 So/Sp friend who did AmeriCorps and worked in an inner-city health clinic doing social work with adolescents - she got to see lots of medical stuff - and an xNFP 9w1 Soc/Sx friend who just got out of the Peace Corps after working at an elementary school in a small city in the Caribbean - she got to teach language and work in a library. She was able to save a fair amount of money while she worked, as well.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hey MQ, have you thought about looking into AmeriCorps or the Peace Corps? Both would allow you to get away from home, support yourself, place you in a community of humanitarian workers, help you work on your organizational/data use skills, give you a new exploratory experience, and let you try hands-on work with tons of room for growth and self-development. It would be less micromanaging in terms of minor slip-ups with more focus on your practical ability to be resourceful, to cooperate, and to help everyone thrive. It seems like an opportunity that would suit an ENFP 729 So/Sp type very well. I imagine that you could inquire into science-information-related positions, if you wanted. I have an ENFJ 3w4 So/Sp friend who did AmeriCorps and worked in an inner-city health clinic doing social work with adolescents - she got to see lots of medical stuff - and an xNFP 9w1 Soc/Sx friend who just got out of the Peace Corps after working at an elementary school in a small city in the Caribbean - she got to teach language and work in a library. She was able to save a fair amount of money while she worked, as well.

PEACE CORP SOUNDS FREAKING AWESOME!