User Tag List

12 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Default Jack of all trades, master of none. Trying to pay the bills.

I wrote a book
    I published music
    I teach gymnastics, and private lessons as well for a good amount of money
    I make minimal ad revenue off of my 1100+ youtube subscribers
    I run a life coaching business for a good amount of money per hour.
    I run an mbti typing business.

I could become a show performer and get paid to breakdance on stage.
    I could become a freelance carpenter
    I could become a real estate agent

All of these things I could become.

One of them is going to yield me the best results financially, and I have no idea which one that is.

my body wants to split into 12 different parts so I can go in every direction at the same time.

I am just barely paying the bills. I can't decide which way to go because, if I do, I will dedicate a large portion of my life savings to accomplishing this endeavor, but choosing which path to invest my time and money in is very difficult.

Its said that ESTP's such as myself often times have difficulty evaluating the long term benefits of each path but no problem choosing which one yields the immediate gain. None of these yield immediate gain, they all take patience and commitment.

Ideas?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I highly recommend a career in breakdancing.

thinking of you

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Try and put monetary gain aside & think about which you might enjoy the most, over a long period of time. You have to find a balance between what is both practical to make a living with & not a total soul-sucker to do day-in-day-out.

I went through a phase in this low economy when I was doing all kinds of stuff to make ends meet, until I found something more stable. Think about what you've learned about yourself in these endeavors. What are you really good at that you can also continue to grow in (so as not to be bored)? What is continually stimulating without being overwhelming? What kind of schedule & responsibilities are conducive to the kind of life you want to lead, including your other priorities & goals not related to money?

Okay, I'm probably asking you to use Fi
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Enneagram
    9w8

What do you love to do that will still make you money?

Maybe you could do one of those things to support your habit of the others, but make sure it is something that you like, or else it will suck the soul right out of you. That's what I do [not soul suck...work, although soul-sucking might be an interesting occupation.] I have a regular day job that I do so that I can afford to do the things I love on the side and if the things I love happen to make me some money, then that's windfall.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Hmm... Well, being a real estate agent is actually what I really want to do. Big money in that but you need to be very well known for that to work out.

I am extremely ambitious, and my idea of "FUN" is being able to more or less conquer earth. But I need money in order to make money.

I want to get a few houses, rent them out so I have some passive income. Then once that is done, I'm gonna hop on my motorcycle and go on a treasure hunt for bomb houses, party, meet people, and be a nomad.

That's what I want to do. But that shit aint happening until I get some money or start a business of my own in which I don't want to kill myself every day. So this is entirely about money and not killing myself in the process of making it.

Enneagram
    9w8

hmmm...sounds like a plan.

Have you already taken courses for becoming liscensed? or pre-liscensed?

But that shit aint happening until I get some money or start a business of my own in which I don't want to kill myself every day. So this is entirely about money and not killing myself in the process of making it.
    How do you feel about the carpenter thing as a way to lay back money toward your real goal? I'm just throwing out ideas. I'm thinking that carpenters are always in high demand. My brother, who has no education at all, started out as an assistant roofer, now he has his own business and makes pretty good. He's his own boss and gets to boss other people, too, which he loves.

You are right in saying that all the things you've listed take time and commitment. There must be a way to off-set time and commitment with immediate gain, a way to have the best of both worlds, a win-win scenario.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

garbage

In my experience as a Jack of all trades and master of none, Jacks of all trades are excellent in support or leadership roles, but not as much in the roles that are sandwiched between them.

Life coaching sounds fun, with perhaps a workout class a few times a week to supplement?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Carpentry is an incredible way to meet real estate investors (um... 90% of your bosses?), not to mention I enjoy doing it and I'd be able to expand fairly easily. I'm just not sure where to get started. I know how saws work and screws etc, but I've never applied these skills to real life.

I'm gonna have to do some research.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Choose one and do it well. Ideally, one with a viable financial future. Save some for hobbies and realize that some may require elimination.

Or, if the above makes you shudder, realize that you might have to sacrifice traditional financial stability in the service of your identity. Idealism v. pragmatism. Being yourself might be your true calling.

Realize that either path requires sacrifice. Prosperity is balance.

MBTI
    FREE

I can't really ever condone any young person wanting to live off of "passive income", since that equates to living off of the labors of others. That said, investing savings into a particular endeavor isn't the be-all-end-all. Depending upon the investment, there should be some amount of money able to be recouped if you'd prefer to do something else. Or, if you're as great as you believe yourself to be, any investment you make should be able to be recouped and then some. Thus, I might suggest investing in plan A for a time, then perhaps plan B, etc. Two additional suggestions though:

1. For real estate, keeping your license current and maybe selling a property or two while doing your plans A,B,C,etc. may give you time to build those necessary connections.

2. Save the book writing for later. Maybe do some note jotting for now, and then write after you're replete with wisdom from a lifetime of plans A-Z.

Best of luck!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]