• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sexy Engineers

MBTI Type
INTJ
Geek Girls: Revenge of the Nerdettes | Newsweek Culture | Newsweek.com

I'm really impressed that they're taking charge and trying to be more positive role models in comparison to the wasteland otherwise known as Hollywood. My problem is with the pushing of their looks. I understand they may reach a wider audience just by being attractive, but should they promote 'Barbie' mentality with brains?

This is just social branding, no different than any other persona; they don't get extra points because they're intelligent. The emphasis on looks makes them no better than the "wasteland".

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think nerd exploitation is fantastic. I always dreamed that Louis Skolnick was my hot nerd boyfriend.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Oh, I know plenty of sexy engineers....

:wub:

I posted this in colmena's thread already but..

Pictures of engineers!!!

The first picture, (from left to right), features an electrical enginerd, a civil enginerd and an aeronautical enginerd.

And the second picture is of a mechanical enginerd.

Oh, and both pictures feature the same chicken, pre and post death that is. :/

(Ironically, the "civil" engineer was the one who actually killed the chicken.)

themax1399yv4.jpg

themax1402yf3.jpg

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
90% of all engineers are dorks.

I know this and have the degree to prove it.

Thankfully, I got out.

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
90% of all engineers are dorks.

I know this and have the degree to prove it.

Thankfully, I got out.

One of Pink's robotics teachers was a Naval engineer - he read all of his students the riot act by informing them that if any one of them started to smell bad and ignore other human beings, he wouldn't acknowledge them from that moment forward.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
One of Pink's robotics teachers was a Naval engineer - he read all of his students the riot act by informing them that if any one of them started to smell bad and ignore other human beings, he wouldn't acknowledge them from that moment forward.
Yeah, that shit don't fly on a submarine.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Suddenly sparks fly, and the girls jump back. They may be engineering whizzes, but they know a hazard when they see one.
As opposed to most engineering whizzes, who would let the sparks fly into their hair?
Shouldn't it read something more like: "They may be engineering whizzes, but they know a hazard when they build one."

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Geek Girls: Revenge of the Nerdettes | Newsweek Culture | Newsweek.com

I'm really impressed that they're taking charge and trying to be more positive role models in comparison to the wasteland otherwise known as Hollywood. My problem is with the pushing of their looks. I understand they may reach a wider audience just by being attractive, but should they promote 'Barbie' mentality with brains?
After reading that article, I'm left with the image of Reese Witherspoon in Legally Blonde.

MBTI Type
INxJ
After reading that article, I'm left with the image of Reese Witherspoon in Legally Blonde.

Ha, I was actually thinking about that the other day. I'm considering Harvard for Law school. Yeah, I hate the emphasis on the engineers being "pretty". I think anyone can come to that conclusion just by watching a documentary they create. Why point out the obvious? It's shallow.

MBTI Type
INxJ

That's taking initiative.

Taberculosis

MBTI Type
ISTJ
lol I love Legally Blonde. It's so motivational and it made me cry when I saw it lol.

I'm insane.

Anyway. Who cares what you look like? I mean yeah those girls are better role models than Paris Hilton but come on. They aren't that special.