User Tag List

First 1234 Last

I certainly understand this, with the way the economy is it can be very difficult to find the job that you want, or just a job in general. I'm sorry you're having to go through this. It's frustrating when your motivation doesn't turn into the results you want.

I have questions for you, though: Are you getting call backs from the companies that you apply to and then an interview, and never hear back from them, or, are you just not hearing anything back when you apply? Do you have a resume?
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Lux View Post
    I certainly understand this, with the way the economy is it can be very difficult to find the job that you want, or just a job in general. I'm sorry you're having to go through this. It's frustrating when your motivation doesn't turn into the results you want.

I have questions for you, though: Are you getting call backs from the companies that you apply to and then an interview, and never hear back from them, or, are you just not hearing anything back when you apply? Do you have a resume?
    I have a resume, and i am getting a few call backs for interviews but not as many as other people
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Okay so if you're getting some calls back for an interview but it goes no further, it could be the interview. Many people are qualified to get the interview but are either unprepared or very nervous (not confident), each of those performances in an interview can lessen your chances of employment. I interview a lot of candidates for the organizations I work for and may be able to help you in this. Honestly, in my company we require a degree, but, if someone impresses myself or the other Managers, we'll move on with them in the interview process. So that's not a make or break thing. The way you present yourself is the most valuable asset you have when trying to get a job. If you want me to go through it, let me know.

MBTI
    yupp

Okay so if you're getting some calls back for an interview but it goes no further, it could be the interview. Many people are qualified to get the interview but are either unprepared or very nervous (not confident), each of those performances in an interview can lessen your chances of employment. I interview a lot of candidates for the organizations I work for and may be able to help you in this. Honestly, in my company we require a degree, but, if someone impresses myself or the other Managers, we'll move on with them in the interview process. So that's not a make or break thing. The way you present yourself is the most valuable asset you have when trying to get a job. If you want me to go through it, let me know.
    I'd like that I'm good at reading people, bad at responding approiatley in social situations, ie i often don't know the approriate response to a situation
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

Cool, so with interviews, honestly the trick (for me) is well thought out answers and confidence, which comes from preparation. Can you give me some of the interview questions that seem common for you and we can go over them together and then you can practice them. Practice builds the confidence and makes the words you're saying more.. appealing. So give me some questions and I'll tell you from an interviewers perspective (mine) what the answers are.

MBTI
    yupp

Cool, so with interviews, honestly the trick (for me) is well thought out answers and confidence, which comes from preparation. Can you give me some of the interview questions that seem common for you and we can go over them together and then you can practice them. Practice builds the confidence and makes the words you're saying more.. appealing. So give me some questions and I'll tell you from an interviewers perspective (mine) what the answers are.
    here's one: WHy do you want to work for us?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    here's one: WHy do you want to work for us?
    "I'm looking for growth and opportunity. Based on the research I did, your company can bring me that. I'd like to learn new skills and to become an asset to the company. I also really like a challenge and I'm willing to put the work in order to benefit everyone involved."

This is obviously a vageish answer as I don't know what you're interviewing for. As an interviewer, I prefer short, concise, and thought out answers that show someone wants to work for what they want and are willing to learn what they don't know. Also, eye contact, even if you're not comfortable with it, just maintain eye contact at intervals. I'd be hard pressed to bring someone back if they didn't look at me the whole time, it wouldn't feel like they were invested or interested.

What sorts of jobs are you looking for, what strengths do you have?

MBTI
    yupp

"I'm looking for growth and opportunity. Based on the research I did, your company can bring me that. I'd like to learn new skills and to become an asset to the company. I also really like a challenge and I'm willing to put the work in order to benefit everyone involved."

This is obviously a vageish answer as I don't know what you're interviewing for. As an interviewer, I prefer short, concise, and thought out answers that show someone wants to work for what they want and are willing to learn what they don't know. Also, eye contact, even if you're not comfortable with it, just maintain eye contact at intervals. I'd be hard pressed to bring someone back if they didn't look at me the whole time, it wouldn't feel like they were invested or interested.

What sorts of jobs are you looking for, what strengths do you have?
    thanks, I'm just looking for a minimum wage entry level position, something monkeys can do. I can email you my resume if you want to look it over. the other problem is I don't have a lot of experience
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    INTP

I don't have much to offer in the way of practical advice, but I just wanted to say chin up! The jobs market is in the gutter right now, especially for minimum wage retail. It took me 3 years of applying for 50+ jobs a week before I got a single interview, which was for Subway. Lucky for me I got that job - I don't think I could have stood another 3 years of rejection and silence. It's tough.

In the interview, pretend you're a confident person who loves <insert job here>. It's all lies and bullcrap - they know it and you know it, but if they think you can put on a good customer face and lie through your teeth for the organisation, they'll hire you. Also not being a smelly weirdo helps, so maybe have a shower or something beforehand :P

Good luck!
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    thanks, I'm just looking for a minimum wage entry level position, something monkeys can do. I can email you my resume if you want to look it over. the other problem is I don't have a lot of experience
    The problem is, most people want you to think of that minimal-wage entry level job as this golden ticket opportunity. You sort of almost have to sell it back to them as being way better than it really is. I have no idea why this overly PC flowery wording came into the workplace.. I wish business was still business and not PC networked people selling BS to one another.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge