• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I just need a TINY bit of homework help

FireShield98

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
With the AP tests finally over, my US Government class has nothing more to learn, so one of the things we're doing now is a "fantasy congress" game where we have to choose a "team" of 2 senators, 2 representatives, and one more (either senator or representative), and whenever one of those co-sponsors a bill, we get one point; sponsors a bill, we get three points; the bill passes one house, we get another 5 points; the bill passes the second house, we get another 10 points; the president signs the bill, we get another 20 points; the president vetoes the bill but Congress overrides it, we get another 25 points.

Anyway, I'm lazy and don't want to bother researching a ton of different senators and representatives (we're not being graded on this - our teacher is experimenting to see if it could work for his class next year), but at the same time, I don't want to just randomly pick them. We can't choose people that other people in our class have already chosen, so we have to come up with a list of 25 potential choices. Could anybody come up with such a list for me? It's due tomorrow so if anyone could do it before around 5 AM tomorrow, that would be great. Don't worry about putting too much thought into it, as long as it's not a completely random list. I don't pay too much attention to politics (I care about political theory and stuff like that, but I don't really care about what's actually happening) so I don't really know many politicians by name (even ones from my own state), but if anyone can think up a relatively good list, I would really appreciate it.

Edit: Oh, and if anyone does make the list, could you choose at least ten senators and at least ten representatives?

93JC

The point of the exercise is to teach you about it. Do your own homework.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was thinking whether I should or should not, but it would be better if you looked for it yourself

This, I wanted to say this.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
we live in the google age, seriously it's not like 20 years ago where you had to go the library and physically look through books and newspapers. Children today *shakes head*

G

garbage

1. Dwight E. Eisenhower
2. Gerald Smith
3. Harold J. Oppenheimer
4. George W. Brush

I can't think of any more

FireShield98

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
I ended up doing it (though we didn't actually need to have it done until the next day, even though he said we had to have it done for that day). I just chose a few states and chose both senators and a few representatives from each.

Actually no. We're only doing this to see if the game can be used for our teacher's future classes.

we live in the google age, seriously it's not like 20 years ago where you had to go the library and physically look through books and newspapers. Children today *shakes head*

Our teacher gave us a list with all their names. I just didn't want to bother choosing specific ones but didn't want it to seem like I was just choosing random people.

93JC

Actually no. We're only doing this to see if the game can be used for our teacher's future classes.

And how does the teacher evaluate whether it's worth being implemented in future classes? By seeing if you learn anything from it... If the point was not to teach you something your teacher would have wheeled in a TV and DVD player or whatever and you would have watched a movie instead.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
How can you not want to do this? This sounds fantastic!