User Tag List

123 Last

Permabanned

Default What is school so bullshit

Think about it, if you ever want any success in having a high pay job you need to go through countless loops and hoops to ever achieve it through schooling. To become a doctor you need like 8-9 years of schooling with god knows how much tuition you will paying at the end of it(especially in the united states). I think this system is relativity outdated I mean what the fuck is the point of undergrad degrees if you don't actually bring you to where you want to go? those are precious years of human life we will never get back it just seems unreasonable.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Many people have realized that or are realizing it. Combine that with the looming student loan crisis and I don't know what's going to happen.

If you go to school you'll learn things like not writing nonsense like "what is school so bullshit".

The printing press was invented in 1440 and with it the dream of universal literacy.

And the dream has been realised in the last 100 years in prosperous countries.

And the dream of universal literacy was realised with free, secular and compulsory education.

But in 1840 the electric telegraph was invented, followed by the telephone, the radio, the television and the computer. And now we no longer need free, secular and compulsory education.

But public education, together with literate individualism, is taking a long time to die.

You probably feel ambivalent yourself. You recognise there is something wrong with school but are reluctant to give up your individuality.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Think about it, if you ever want any success in having a high pay job you need to go through countless loops and hoops to ever achieve it through schooling. To become a doctor you need like 8-9 years of schooling with god knows how much tuition you will paying at the end of it(especially in the united states). I think this system is relativity outdated I mean what the fuck is the point of undergrad degrees if you don't actually bring you to where you want to go? those are precious years of human life we will never get back it just seems unreasonable.
    Medical students actually learn how to become doctors during those four years of medical school. When they graduate, they know quite a lot.

As far as undergraduate goes - well my view is just enjoy it because it's the last time you have so much freedom and so little responsibility.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Medical students actually learn how to become doctors during those four years of medical school. When they graduate, they know quite a lot.

As far as undergraduate goes - well my view is just enjoy it because it's the last time you have so much freedom and so little responsibility.
    i think i most loved the lack of responsibility

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    If you go to school you'll learn things like not writing nonsense like "what is school so bullshit".
    Your shit is all tarded. Doctors don't need school.

Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    Your shit is all tarded. Doctors don't need school.

Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post

Dude how the fuck do you have little responsibility? unless you have rich giving parents you put yourself in debt and waste valuable time. You have to know where the job market lies and do your research. Do you know how many programs there are out there that don't even land you a well paying job? or keep you struggling to find a job?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Dude how the fuck do you have little responsibility? unless you have rich giving parents you put yourself in debt and waste valuable time. You have to know where the job market lies and do your research. Do you know how many programs there are out there that don't even land you a well paying job? or keep you struggling to find a job?
    you are so cute right now