• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is school so bullshit

jixmixfix

Permabanned
i lived in london, had friends in oshawa and family in toronto. both my ex and her brother (and like a quarter of the city) went to fanshawe . i think i might have a cousin in hamilton - i remember he wanted to study there but i don't remember what came out of that.

Yeah excellent college too bad toronto is a shit show. George brown seems decent I suppose.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
curious - do you prefer studying in toronto? why?

Depends on the programs in Toronto. There are programs outside the city u wouldn't get in toronto. Toronto is a competitive zone so you need to jump through hoops to get anywhere good. Small businesses wouldn't even look at you unless you have some kind of training or experience.

Last edited:

serenesam

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
School is great to a certain extent. I believe life experiences are much better.

serenesam

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
No, school is :)

I certainly agree with you to a certain extent in that I found public school K-12 to be a waste of time. College on the other hand was definitely a good experience maybe because I had professors that wanted us to challenge ourselves and think deeply about many issues. Actually, I balanced my experiences by taking 50% of my professors designated as being very difficult because they had sad faces at ratemyprofessors and the other 50% with happy faces. Always great to maximize your experiences.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I for one am always relieved when I learn that instead of going to one of those money-grubbing accredited medical schools, my surgeon picked up his skills on the street and living life.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
hostel2dz5.jpg

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
School degrades knowledge and life experiences into a classroom when they should be experienced outside the classroom.

I actually feel this a lot about certain subjects. There should be a balance.
[MENTION=325]EffEmDoubleyou[/MENTION]'s example is completely ludicrous, but for many topics, I am in full agreement with you.

In fact after three years as a Lit major, I began to feel like I was being forced to actually formulate my opinions and interpretations to what professors wanted to hear.

Not only that, but I also wrote some papers in college that were based on compare/contrast of essays written by grad students working on MA in some kind of literature, and I realized that some of their interpretations were borderline insane.

I realized I could go to grad school and get a degree projecting my own childhood traumas on to other people's books.

I'd rather just write books of my own.

Choose life.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
School degrades knowledge and life experiences into a classroom when they should be experienced outside the classroom.
It sounds like you weren't taking the right classes.

I for one am always relieved when I learn that instead of going to one of those money-grubbing accredited medical schools, my surgeon picked up his skills on the street and living life.
I wouldn't want a surgeon whose only education was in the classroom.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I never needed to study nor do anything coz my future was secured from a very young age.

Nevertheless I made myself interested out of the illusion that I have to gain something out of it so opted to study at school any way [bearing in mind I never needed to]. It makes no difference to intelligence and if you're an imbecile you're really going nowhere regardless if you're carrying a degree, people will still treat you the same way and you won't get paid.

I went to the University of Cambridge to read Natural Sciences.

But I guess the only reason why it was truly #1 for its time was coz I went there. :/