User Tag List

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Default How the reformation affected the fine arts in Europe

I have to write a 10 page paper for my Art History class over anything dealing with art from about the early 1400's to the later 1600's. I've decided to write about how the reformation affected the fine arts, but I'm concerned this may be too vague. Though, I do have to write 10 pages over the topic, I was wondering if anyone knew a way I could narrow in on this topic a bit more but still have enough content to fill 10 pages.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

"During the Reformation, it sorta did away with the iconoclasms going on the Catholic church. It did away with the pageantry - you see less stained glass, idols, and images. It got more simple, less ornate, and got more realistic. At least, in religious art. Which was the majority of stuff." - My roommate, a history buff.

You could talk about how the art simplified and how that reflected some kind of ideology going on during the Reformation. That's totally ten pages-worth.

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Oh! That is great idea! I may just go with that. Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    I have to write a 10 page paper for my Art History class over anything dealing with art from about the early 1400's to the later 1600's. I've decided to write about how the reformation affected the fine arts, but I'm concerned this may be too vague. Though, I do have to write 10 pages over the topic, I was wondering if anyone knew a way I could narrow in on this topic a bit more but still have enough content to fill 10 pages.

You could narrow it to a specific area of fine arts like a comparison of Altar paintings. Or the rise of new types of paintings solely about secular subjects which previously had been intermingled with religious images.