User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx

Default What is failure and what is success?

Also can you tie this into attractiveness. Be delicate here please, I am dealing with a lot of failure.

Society

I personally go by the great philosopher- batman:
    "we fall so that we will learn how to get up again"

What kind of failures are you dealing with?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

“Don't aim at success. The more you aim at it and make it a target, the more you are going to miss it. For success, like happiness, cannot be pursued; it must ensue, and it only does so as the unintended side effect of one's personal dedication to a cause greater than oneself or as the by-product of one's surrender to a person other than oneself. Happiness must happen, and the same holds for success: you have to let it happen by not caring about it. I want you to listen to what your conscience commands you to do and go on to carry it out to the best of your knowledge. Then you will live to see that in the long-run—in the long-run, I say!—success will follow you precisely because you had forgotten to think about it”
    ― Viktor E. Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    “Don't aim at success. The more you aim at it and make it a target, the more you are going to miss it. For success, like happiness, cannot be pursued; it must ensue, and it only does so as the unintended side effect of one's personal dedication to a cause greater than oneself or as the by-product of one's surrender to a person other than oneself. Happiness must happen, and the same holds for success: you have to let it happen by not caring about it. I want you to listen to what your conscience commands you to do and go on to carry it out to the best of your knowledge. Then you will live to see that in the long-run—in the long-run, I say!—success will follow you precisely because you had forgotten to think about it”
    ― Viktor E. Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning
    Thanks.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    I personally go by the great philosopher- batman:
    "we fall so that we will learn how to get up again"

What kind of failures are you dealing with?
    Finishing a degree. I already graduated, but switch it up, so I haven't gotten started in my professional life yet.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I wouldn't beat yourself up over that. The unemployment rate for those aged 16-24 is more than double the national average. It's tough out there right now.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Enneagram
    9w8

Cafe is right.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

Society

There might be a generational gap at works here, but I dont think gen y (myself.included) gets to pat ourselves on the back over a fantasy scanerio that it would all work out if we were living in better times (even if thats just a decase ago). Our personal failures are no less our responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    There might be a generational gap at works here, but I dont think gen y (myself.included) gets to pat ourselves on the back over a fantasy scanerio that it would all work out if we were living in better times (even if thats just a decase ago). Our personal failures are no less our responsibility.
    Yes.
    Dirt Farmer

MBTI
    INFP

Failure is giving up on your potential.