User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Question Able, but unmotivated.

I'm a student, a high school student to be exact. I'm generally an A-B student, which isn't horrible, but it is still far from ideal. I generally understand everything I'm being taught… when I listen to it. Actually bringing myself to listen to it is the issue. If I'm very interested in the topic of a class I will get a perfect grade. I've observed that my grades are directly proportionate to my level of interest, and I'm just not particularly interesting in much of what I'm intended to learn. It's not as if I haven't made attempts to motivate myself in areas that don't attract my interest, because I have. I really have. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions as to how I could resolve this issue.

Edit: Alright just disregard everything I said above, I would just like suggestions as to how I can get myself to pay attention. That's really the issue here.
    Last edited by Scissorhands; 04-03-2013 at 05:11 PM.
    MBTI: INTx
    Enneagram: 5w4
    Big Five: RCxEI
    Hogwarts House: Ravenclaw
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    IQ: 147
    EQ: Don't even ask.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Scissorhands View Post
    I'm a student, a high school student to be exact. I'm generally an A-B student, which isn't horrible, but it is still far from ideal. I have an IQ of 147, and I understand everything I'm being taught… when I listen to it. Actually bringing myself to listen to it is the issue. If I'm very interested in the topic of a class I will get a perfect grade. I've observed that my grades are directly proportionate to my level of interest, and I'm just not particularly interesting in much of what I'm intended to learn. It's not as if I haven't made attempts to motivate myself in areas that don't attract my interest, because I have. I really have. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions as to how I could resolve this issue.

You need to factor in the human element. The humans giving you your grades can [and are moreso, sometimes] inherently flawed and incompetent people. You cannot control or change this.
    Don't worry, high school's not as important as it's made out to be. Do your best, as in the end, that's all that matters.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Leisure it up with the senile by attending isolated and otherwise dying places of worship?

thinking of you

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

You need to have a well rounded life so that you will get what you feel is missing from what you currently have in a way that is sustainable and healthy for your life. Perhaps socializing by doing volunteer work or by joining a league or sports team (good for college applications and meeting new people).
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Had the same "problem", and we are in the same range IQ-wise.
    To be fair, I don't think this whole thing... This society... will last long enough for us to have any real use for most of the supposed learning we've received. Or their arbitrary grades.
    Like social studies, their version of history, gender studies... Just a bunch of lies, and pretty transparent for a person who reads all sides to get a picture.
    School today is way less preoccupied with teaching truth and competence than it is trying to brainwash people into mindless servitors, who only care for consumption.
    What they do succeed with is having the less gifted believe in their crap, just like the papists did during the time of the inquisition.
    Once the sheep believes, peer pressure will get most people to attack "heretics" like me. Go look at a few of the discussions I have had recently.
    It's rather amusing to use that comparison, because this is not a new situation. Very much like the inquisition, in fact. I am sure you know what I mean.
    A person of intelligence is bound to be in conflict with popular belief in some way, sooner or later.
    If you've managed to find any of the truly weak spots of the whole thing yet, you will know.

So. Is this part of the reason you don't feel motivated? The crudeness, lies, stupidity and hypocrisy?
    If they really wanted us to learn and become all that we can be, they would not go about it in this manner.
    School today is all about indoctrination. The level of actual education is at best on a very low level.
    Like you yourself said, you can listen to the crap and get a perfect score. No need to think or read alternate views on things.
    What matters is the score... The grade...
    Or so they would have us believe.

What matters is that you do not let them break your mind. Be yourself, and follow your interests wherever they lead you.
    Remember this quote by Voltaire: “To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”
    I hope you don't have too much time left in indoctrination camp.

Good luck staying sane.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    You need to have a well rounded life so that you will get what you feel is missing from what you currently have in a way that is sustainable and healthy for your life. Perhaps socializing by doing volunteer work or by joining a league or sports team (good for college applications and meeting new people).
    Sports? Socializing? Socializing? *eye twitch* No, I'm fine.
    MBTI: INTx
    Enneagram: 5w4
    Big Five: RCxEI
    Hogwarts House: Ravenclaw
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    IQ: 147
    EQ: Don't even ask.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Um, I didn't think the same way at 16. I had a social life. I was in theater and chorus and art club, then when I became really rebellious I just had friends outside of school and started working at part-time jobs so I had money to spend.

Sorry, I'm normal and stupid. I cannot be of service to your great heights of superiority.

P.S. I made a perfect score on the state AP Lit exam my senior year, took AP and advanced classes, and either made As when I cared about something, or didn't do it at all. I made the dean's list nearly every semester of college before I withdrew with a 3.9.

Yawn.

Actually, no at my age you'll probably have a much higher paying career and people will admire you.

But I'll always be more interesting.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

You came for feedback fag. You think we didn't think the same way at fucking 16? Guess what this is feedback. Wake up!
    fag?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

German bullshit. Go fap yo your mom's dead corpse cunt.
    Good lord are you trying to get banned?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

German bullshit. Go fap yo your mom's dead corpse cunt.
    i don`t think that anyone here is to blame for you being so angry and frustrated and depressed as to take it up on me, random person on this forum , and using that kind of language
    maybe you should reconsider your post