User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which Learning Style are you?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Visual

25 56.82%
  • Auditory

10 22.73%
  • Kinesthetic

9 20.45%
First 1234 Last

MBTI
    Ni
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII

Visual
    "Re-examine all that you have been told... dismiss that which insults your soul."_Walt Whitman

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

visual/kinesthetic/auditory
    I have 10/16 points on visual, 4/16 on kinesthetic and 2/16 on auditory.

I don't think I've come across a thread about this. I was wondering what personality types are most likely to have one of these three main learning styles: visual, auditory, kinesthetic.
    I don't think it depends on personality. My INFP friend talks to him self when learning (auditory?), while I don't.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Auditory
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Banned
    MBTI
    INTP

I believe it's kinesthetic and visual.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

I don't need a quiz to know that I'm definitely more on the kinesthetic side. Auditory is the worst for me.

Infinite Bubble

Massively visual.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Visual>Kinetic>>>>>>>>>>>>>auditory

(I am the worst listener ever)
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Auditory, kinesthetic...visual last. I have a much easier time remembering information that I've heard than anything else. It takes effort for me to memorize things verbatim from the page, whereas it's almost effortless to remember things spoken. That's why I read aloud to myself if I'm going for thorough memorization. It's also why I prefer language classes in person (where you get to hear the prof speak) or audio language programs over stuff like the Rosetta Stone.

I've found that I don't like listening to people a lot of the time, but that's because I either already know what they're going to say (and they're taking a fucking long ass time to say it) or they're repeating themselves because they're used to talking to folks who truly don't listen (and they think that I, like those folks, need to hear things a thousand times before any of it sinks in.) I can honestly even just passively or half-heartedly listen to people and I'll still hear them and be able to repeat what they said back to them. That's why I can't study in public places unless I have low music or ear plugs...because I'll auto pick-up on conversations nearby and they'll ruin my focus on anything else.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Auditory, kinesthetic...visual last. I have a much easier time remembering information that I've heard than anything else. It takes effort for me to memorize things verbatim from the page, whereas it's almost effortless to remember things spoken. That's why I read aloud to myself if I'm going for thorough memorization. It's also why I prefer language classes in person (where you get to hear the prof speak) or audio language programs over stuff like the Rosetta Stone.

I've found that I don't like listening to people a lot of the time, but that's because I either already know what they're going to say (and they're taking a fucking long ass time to say it) or they're repeating themselves because they're used to talking to folks who truly don't listen (and they think that I, like those folks, need to hear things a thousand times before any of it sinks in.) I can honestly even just passively or half-heartedly listen to people and I'll still hear them and be able to repeat what they said back to them. That's why I can't study in public places unless I have low music or ear plugs...because I'll auto pick-up on conversations nearby and they'll ruin my focus on anything else.
    I have that problem, too. I cannot focus on what I'm studying if I don't have some kind of music going. I guess if the topic is interesting enough to me I do okay with auditory learning...but most of my lecture classes were so boring I ended up zoning out. In lecture classes I always had to take notes by hand, then type them out, and the print them out to review them. That repetitive action helped me to retain it better than anything.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I'm primarily auditory, but visual is a close second.