• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which language(s) appeal(s) the most to you phonetically?

Emerald Rain

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Italian. There is passion in that language..I can feel the passion. I could hear a girl talk in Italian for hours.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Actually I like them both. Russian sometimes has a messier sound, but perhaps it depends on the individual's diction. I'm not sure.
Blame Gogol Bordello, perhaps.

:: edit :: It's been brought to my uneducated attention that I was still listening to Russian, either way. So I retract my statement. Russian it is!

I love Gogol Bordello, they are so much fun. "American Wedding" is probably my favorite song by them.

My two favorite languages strictly on sound are French and Russian.

And they are the two languages I've attempted most to learn (though I actually understand more Spanish than Russian due to my real life surroundings).

Derogatory

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Mancunian accent (British English, around Manchester) and German Bavarian. My favourite language is German, although I just adore British accents, too. Also Lithuanian is very beautiful and vivid language, although not many people are aware of that.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I get a kick out of listening to ANY foreign language :blush:

Nicodemus

Mancunian accent (British English, around Manchester) and German Bavarian. My favourite language is German, although I just adore British accents, too. Also Lithuanian is very beautiful and vivid language, although not many people are aware of that.
Why on earth Bavarian?

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The Romantic languages. Of them, #1 would be Italian. :wubbie:

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Spanish. It's very sensual. I speak Spanish, and it blows my mind that people don't care to learn it when it is spoken by so many people in my country. Why choose ignorance? It's nice being able to have a private conversation in the presence of others.

I

Infinite Bubble

Not only is it a universal language, but also the greatest sounding: music.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Phonetically I dont know. I like the sound of German, some people said its ugly but I disagree, its very soft yet serious. Dutch is like a more crude version of German, I dont think its ugly like alot of French speakers in Belgium do, but I think its sounds silly when spoken, and it doesnt have a very extensive or interesting literary history. As a written language I love English, probably because I understand all the nuances and stuff best. Im surpirsed noone mentioned Chinese, as its probably the most beautiful now that I think of it, Japanese sounds more cosmpolitan and useful, but less artistic. Hebrew, Greek and Russian Im not too crazy about. Turkish seems like its useful in the sense its easy to remember sayings and stuff but when it spoken it sounds extremely silly and goofy. Spanish I like, because its so expressive, I find Italian to be a bit more of a refined but less "feel good" version of spanish. I think French is pretty but sounds rather mawkish when spoken.

Nicodemus

People didn't seem so overly fond of German when Germany tried to bestow it on the world just a few decades ago. How things change...

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I always thought Dutch looked more like German than it sounded. Dutch sounds like a throat ailment, German sounds like it knows when to control the guttural sounds.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
אני מנסה לעברית. כי זה נראה ממש טוב!

93JC

People didn't seem so overly fond of German when Germany tried to bestow it on the world just a few decades ago. How things change...

I for one still think it sounds awful.

e.g.

german-truly-is-a-beautiful-language.jpg

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Austro-Bavarian, klingt soo romantisch!

nne gensöööndn gst in einem gsndeen keeeerper