First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Moore View Post
    All you have to do is tell yourself that your status as 'intuitive' will reaffirm your status as a Special Little Flower, beloved by Jung and all the gods. Thank the gods you all took an MBTI test online!
    Working is so hard when you're so special.
    x10000000000000000000000

Seriously, threads like these need to STFU. Nobody likes to do meaningless menial work, not even the most hardcore SJs.

I know that the desire to self-glorify is strong in many of you, but there is no need to be condescending in order to do it (well, maybe it is. There always needs to be a "lower" for you to be a "higher," yeah?)

P.S. - Do not equate "detail" with "menial." I don't care WHAT you do, but whatever it is, you're going to have to concern yourself with details if you plan on being good at it. I honestly hate when people say that they're not "detail-oriented" as though that's a cute character trait, when in fact it's either a moral or intellectual failing (either you're just lazy and don't care, or you're mentally incapable.)
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I don't care WHAT you do, but whatever it is, you're going to have to concern yourself with details if you plan on being good at it. I honestly hate when people say that they're not "detail-oriented" as though that's a cute character trait, when in fact it's either a moral or intellectual failing (either you're just lazy and don't care, or you're mentally incapable.)
    But it sure is more common to see people dealing with work and oversimplifying those who don't as lazy when they have such an Se style down-to-earth mindset such as this.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

P.S. - Do not equate "detail" with "menial." I don't care WHAT you do, but whatever it is, you're going to have to concern yourself with details if you plan on being good at it. I honestly hate when people say that they're not "detail-oriented" as though that's a cute character trait, when in fact it's either a moral or intellectual failing (either you're just lazy and don't care, or you're mentally incapable.)
    Sorry?? A moral failing? People not being "detail oriented" is a relative matter i.e. there are some people who are very detail oriented, some who are less, even in the same field and at the same leve of "expertise". They will focus on different sides of a given task. For example, being detail oriented takes time, and that time can be expended in exploring differing alternatives and-or relaxing constraints.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    But it sure is more common to see people dealing with work and oversimplifying those who don't as lazy when they have such an Se style down-to-earth mindset such as this.
    Heh?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Sorry?? A moral failing? People not being "detail oriented" is a relative matter i.e. there are some people who are very detail oriented, some who are less, even in the same field and at the same leve of "expertise". They will focus on different sides of a given task. For example, being detail oriented takes time, and that time can be expended in exploring differing alternatives and-or relaxing constraints.
    My point is that EVERYONE is capable of dealing with details in the right context, so saying that you are in general not a "detail-oriented person" either means that you're lazy or you literally don't have the capacity to process details. Of course, in reality we know that it most likely is a self-aggrandizing statement made to set ones' self apart from the masses who are happy doing shallow, meaningless tasks all day.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Seriously, threads like these need to STFU. Nobody likes to do meaningless menial work, not even the most hardcore SJs.

I know that the desire to self-glorify is strong in many of you, but there is no need to be condescending in order to do it (well, maybe it is. There always needs to be a "lower" for you to be a "higher," yeah?)
    Im not sure whether you read my actual OP or any of my posts in here, but this was made when I was convinced I was an ESFJ. Probably still am.

I hate the idea of the 'poor me im an intuitive in a sensor's world' mentality, I despise it. But this was an attempt to be fair in perception towards those who probably do struggle.

It's suitably ironic that people failed to inspect the actual details of my post.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Heh?
    Did you ever notice that most people who "get real" like you do are either xSxP, Te dom, or Te doms who are really xSxP? It's not coincidence.

But if all you think is that all those poor masses of Ns are really delusional sensing types, you'll never understand this.

Really, you do have a good point, but not without that slight flavor of overexaggerated projection on us.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I don't think that this is really an intuitive/sensor thing... but then again, some of y'all will always find a reason to turn things into an "us against them" type ordeal... life isn't really all that simple, unfortunately

I've always gotten along in any sort of job that I've worked by deciding to be the best at doing it and letting my competitive nature take over... defeating others is really the most fun a person can have if things are re-framed re-framing things is pretty essential to enjoying tasks that aren't traditionally enjoyable tasks... in many cases it's how you look at it, not what it is, that makes the biggest difference
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    IsFJ

Maybe it's less about the job itself and more about certain aspects of it? (e.g. long hours, mandatory meetings, poor ergonomics, one-size-fits-all employee evaluation, stuff like that)
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).