User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Being an intuitive is still a bit of a far cry compared to the descriptions, most intuitives I know still have some kind of office job, a chunk of which can be really boring, but they play on their strenghts and end up delegating the most detail-oriented part. Or, if they (we) have to, we may end up doing it less than perfectly, but still - it's not like we are handicapped...
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9-1
    Socionics
    INFp

I used those meaningless jobs to get through college. It wasn't impossible as it was a necessary evil to get i needed to be. I'm a teacher now. But aside, a job is a job... It isn't what defines me.
    I want to be alive To all the life that is in me now, to know each moment to the uttermost.
    (Khalil Gibran from Mary Haskell's Journal June 7, 1912.)

"I'd rather die than live without Mercy and Love" - House of Heroes, Code Name Raven

"I write/Slowly at first/Then the words come quicker/Slow in comparison/To my rapid thoughts/I fall silent/In awe of love"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Talisyn View Post
    I used those meaningless jobs to get through college. It wasn't impossible as it was a necessary evil to get i needed to be. I'm a teacher now. But aside, a job is a job... It isn't what defines me.
    Ah that's brilliant. I struggle so much to see any goals in my life. I just jump from temp work to temp work.

I suppose I just put it down to either having a purposeful desire that you wish to fulfill or obtain, or a skill that you are passionate and adept in. I lack either so struggle in that regard, but im not an intuitive.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    For me, while finding work is a challenge, most jobs, no matter how menial, are at least bare-able.

But while I can perform the same tasks day in, day out, routine and slogging along. I wonder how intuitives cope with it?

From what I understand it would appear that intuitives need a challenge, or at least something to inspire them, to appeal to their sense of quick uptake and depth of comprehension.
    If we take type statistics at face value it could be so that most jobs are created and controlled by sensing types. So most day to day jobs are of the detailed orientation that sensors have a preference for.
    I have always liked working. In my first job, I mopped floors, washed dishes and then got promoted to cooking massive amounts of eggs in the morning. I liked making that floor clean, cooking the eggs right, etc. Actually, it took some skill to make 30 eggs over easy at the same time without breaking the yolks or over-cooking them. Driving a forklift was fun. I once had to use a scraper to strip broken up floor tape on every aisle in a large warehouse. You can take pride in whatever you do.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I have always liked working. In my first job, I mopped floors, washed dishes and then got promoted to cooking massive amounts of eggs in the morning. I liked making that floor clean, cooking the eggs right, etc. Actually, it took some skill to make 30 eggs over easy at the same time without breaking the yolks or over-cooking them. Driving a forklift was fun. I once had to use a scraper to strip broken up floor tape on every aisle in a large warehouse. You can take pride in whatever you do.
    That's a good point. Right now my job is glorified shelf stacking, but there is some pride in doing the job well. Shame they wont be keeping me on after this trial period, though I might get another extension on my contract if I do well enough.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I don't mind menial and repetitive, etc. I mind being treated like shit and, unfortunately, that seems to be par for the course.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I don't mind menial and repetitive, etc. I mind being treated like shit and, unfortunately, that seems to be par for the course.
    You don' have to allow that you know.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    You don' have to allow that you know.
    I don't have to deal with it right now because I'm not working, but that is the thing that has bothered me the most about jobs I've had in the past. I really actually liked the last job I had, which was cleaning a store in the mall, but being treated like an idiot and talked down to bothered me quite a bit and not allowing it would have ended up in a scene, which really isn't worth it most of the time.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

I am actually fine with menial jobs, they give me the possibility to space out and think about something else.

It also depends on your other preferences, as a Feeler I find working with small children fullfilling even though I am not going to have a meaningful conversations with a toddler (however talking to a child is sometimes more interesting and mindbending then talking to an adult, so being around kids is not anti-N, and it's definitely a meaningful thing to do).

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I can 'enjoy' very repetitive tasks if there is a set timeframe and I know it isn't permanent/indefinite. So temp work, or a summer job involving data entry, were things I was perfectly fine doing...I could zone out, listen to music whilst doing it, get into a bit of a zen state.

However, permanent more routine jobs (where you're an actual employee and everything coming with that, and theoretically there's no end in sight) are things that cause me to implode and become very unhappy... i.e. a permanent job I had in customer service in a financial company many years ago, where it was endless paperwork, I had reviews a few times a year, had to be on the phone queue sometimes, and it was a career for many people there. I became very unhappy in that role.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ