User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INXP

I do yoga whilst watching the moon and the sea.
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Yeah, I can't get jack done at home. Really, for my work, it's best to go somewhere without internets for awhile.
    *cough* This may be why one reason why I get more done in the sitter's sunroom. The problem is I need internets for some parts of my work. For the little comprehension passages I write (several are near the bottom of my blog if anyone feels like reading them) I need to fact-check online. Oddly enough there's usually an admonition in the chapters about research skills not to rely on internet resources, but we all do it for the passages.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    *cough* This may be why one reason why I get more done in the sitter's sunroom. The problem is I need internets for some parts of my work. For the little comprehension passages I write (several are near the bottom of my blog if anyone feels like reading them) I need to fact-check online. Oddly enough there's usually an admonition in the chapters about research skills not to rely on internet resources, but we all do it for the passages.
    Yep, I deliberately don't put the internet on in the room I work in, so that I am forced to walk to a new room to waste time reading email or a forum!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Here's where I've been working, and hopefully will continue through the summer:

Pond and woods view is a bit blurry, but rest assured it's lovely.

I can look out this window and see the boy whenever I like. He's usually in the sandbox. Note minifridge where my son's sitter has been leaving bottled waters and snacks for me:

My "desk":
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

We all got it comin' kid Delilah's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Exclamation

The place where I work is just an average cubicle farm. There's little else to see but eggshell white dividers, each one containing a stopped figure in some drab shade of grey. The sound is unremarkable: just the usual grinding of teeth, the soft sounds of tinny, flavorless music, and people sounding out impactful words to add to intra-office memos.

The main aisle dividing the right side of the office from the left is just wide enough for two people to walk uncomfortably side by side, rubbing clammy shoulders and bumping bony hips. In some sort of weird trick of perspective, it appears to descend downwards endlessly, leaving anyone traveling that path with the feeling that they are standing at the top of an endless valley of slowly writhing grey.

After an indeterminately long time spent walking, a worker will find a fork in the aisle. One often makes the mistake of traveling down the right hand path, but there is little worth noting over that way.

Along the left hand path, though, things truly start to get interesting. The tone and nature of activity change. Twenty paces down, you start to notice it: hunched, gnarled office veterans scamper, scurry, and lurch across the aisle. They all make a high-pitched hum in a jarringly discordant unintentional mockery of harmony. Trails of ink-stained papers are left in their wake. They never pick them up as they hurl themselves from cube to cube. They never look back.

As one descends further down the path, closer to the executive cubes, the hum crescendos and intensifies. There's a smell down there, too: a potpourri of cheap colognes that gently lick your nose and whip themselves into your clothes, like flames made of wet cardboard.

Towards the end of the path, the smells and sounds come to a fever pitch. Some glitch in the air conditioning has the saccharine scented air swirling around you, and the hums become a cacophony of howls.

Neckties hang from the ceiling, like a sea of black daggers threatening to lacerate the top of your head if you dare to stand up straight.

I've never been further down the path than that, but somehow, I KNOW what is beyond. The vision of it burns itself into your mind as you turn and flee to your desk: clapping, capering office workers, yelping wordless cries and swirling about a jagged throne of scintillating diamonds and rubies. Bright flashes of red light paint executive faces as they fawn sycophantically for the attention of the CEO.

As I said, the journey along that path is far more entertaining than heading to the right. That trail only ends in rainbows, unicorns, and jolly elves.
    *clinging to my face like a starfish of love* ....... PinkPiranha

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

The office is one of several of a manifold publishing company. My group's workspace is the only of its kind, incorporating desk places into a spacious enclosure -- whose size and decorations are redolent of a sitcom set. I love it.

Sniffles

I work in a sweat shop.

MBTI
    ENFJ

right--a bunch of cubicles here too--i work in one back in a corner, some view of the outdoors but i never see it because my desk is like a foxhole--busy all day, barely look up, totally focussed, pictures of fun stuff from trips, pictures of my beautiful son on my storage cabinets above me, but i never see the pictures myself, buried in two monitors at once, on phone all day long with patients. loud colleague to the south--always have to get him off his speaker phone yacking to the world

MBTI
    ENTJ

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Likes Ivy liked this post

I work in a control center so it looks pretty techy. Kinda like this:

Look at all that SCADA. <3
    Likes Xann, Forever liked this post