User Tag List

123 Last

Exclamation Frustrating Desire?

I am currently 14 years old and I have no clue what I want to be doing when I'm older. All I know is that I want to be famous. I know it's not practical and there's only a scarce chance of that happening but everyday I have this burning desire to become well known somehow. It has been stewing for 6 years now. This has prevented me from being able to enjoy something fully because I have been focused on fame and long-term goals. I have researched fame and how to be famous, I have 3 notebooks of research, and nothing has scared me off. I need a passion though. Plus I doubt i'd get drained interacting with people constantly. I would be happy and excited actually. I am a definite extrovert. I'm average at everything to be honest but when I put my mind to something, I always achieve it. I believe in planning and back-up planning. I really don't know what I'm interested in. If it helps, I'm an ENTJ with a tritype of 317.

WALMART

No interests? Do you like singing? Politics?

I think the only two types that are bound to be 'famous' are actors and musicians. Sports might be another category.

You are an odd ENTJ.

I'm interested in anything that will lead me to fame. But seriously, I like to sing but I'm average and I'm somewhat into politics but not too much. I consider myself a feminist though. I'm also a bookworm so that's why I'm interested in everything to a certain extent. I like to read anything nonfiction. I am but I'm an ENTJ regardless because Te+Ni. I really need a craft though. That's it.

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    I'm interested in anything that will lead me to fame.
    I'm sorry, but that's a very shallow desire. And I hate to break it to you, but it's mostly likely not going to happen.

Go out and find what you're passionate about. No one here is going to be able to simply give you a passion. Find something that you love and work from there.

It's fine that you don't know right away what you're interested in, but don't make it all about fame.
    Last edited by /DG/; 10-25-2012 at 03:10 PM. Reason: typo

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    I'm sorry, but that's a very shallow desire. And I hate to break it to you, but it's mostly likely not going to happen.

Go out and find what you're passionate about. No one here is going to be able to simply give you a passion. Find something that you love and work from there.

It's find that you don't know right away what you're interested, but don't make it all about fame.
    Pretty much this. As for figuring out what you want to do in life, at age 14 you're not going to fully know this anyways. Little sparks and whatnot may appear, but nothing too substantial is going to appear at this stage in life.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

To be recognized and adored for what you do is fine, but as a 14 year old, I suggest you look into what you do naturally and make that into a profession.

Make a list as you grow, refining and adding to this list, of things you love to do most. After about 10 years of exploration, you'll have a good parameter of your vocation.
    I N V I C T U S

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Pretty much this. As for figuring out what you want to do in life, at age 14 you're not going to fully know this anyways. Little sparks and whatnot may appear, but nothing too substantial is going to appear at this stage in life.
    It is, and I realize that and I've tried to ignore that desire in the past year but I always wake up wanting fame. I have absolutely no idea. I've been researching for quite a while, even ignoring things that might lead me to fame, but I haven't found any career that I liked.

Quote Originally Posted by Thursday View Post
    To be recognized and adored for what you do is fine, but as a 14 year old, I suggest you look into what you do naturally and make that into a profession.

Make a list as you grow, refining and adding to this list, of things you love to do most. After about 10 years of exploration, you'll have a good parameter of your vocation.
    Thank you! I'll try that but I'll shorten the years to 1 because then I have enough time to research the careers that seem to fit me. That's pretty helpful though.

Hey wait, ignore this thread. I was feeling really insecure when I typed this.