User Tag List

First 789

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    Sounds ENTJ to me.

Examples of what?
    So I'm definitely an ENTJ. How Se helps you personally? Like examples of that in your life?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    So I'm definitely an ENTJ. How Se helps you personally? Like examples of that in your life?
    Hmm. I guess it's hard to say as Se just sorta is for me. I know it influences my presentation. I'm fairly blunt and to the point generally. Maybe a little aggressive. But more than that I associate Se with a personal joie de vivre. The tertiary function is the relief function, so my sense of pleasure and the things that recharge me are very much rooted in Se. I'm highly tactile, and take a great deal of pleasure in the physical. Dancing, for instance, is one of my favorite activities.

Here's a good example of Se as a relief function. This past two weeks have been hellacious for me for a variety of reasons, and I've been feeling pretty mentally tanked. So last night I spent almost three hours cooking, and felt completely revived afterwards. Things like that which involve action and the senses just feel good to me.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    Hmm. I guess it's hard to say as Se just sorta is for me. I know it influences my presentation. I'm fairly blunt and to the point generally. Maybe a little aggressive. But more than that I associate Se with a personal joie de vivre. The tertiary function is the relief function, so my sense of pleasure and the things that recharge me are very much rooted in Se. I'm highly tactile, and take a great deal of pleasure in the physical. Dancing, for instance, is one of my favorite activities.

Here's a good example of Se as a relief function. This past two weeks have been hellacious for me for a variety of reasons, and I've been feeling pretty mentally tanked. So last night I spent almost three hours cooking, and felt completely revived afterwards. Things like that which involve action and the senses just feel good to me.
    I see. I used to be blunt but no one respects blunt female teenagers, so I either try to put a twist in what I say to make it funny to others or I try to soften what I say with a compliment. I read quite a few etiquette books and online articles for help. I'm not physical in the slightest haha. What kind of dancing do you do?

What did you cook? Hmm I guess I can identify with that. When I'm stressed out, I either do arts and crafts or listen to music. Occasionally bake. I'm pretty into interior design and I like making my room look nicer for fun.

MBTI
    INTj

Thank you though I should try to achieve goals like that?
    I hope not. But you probably will, until you succeed enough times to realize that they don't matter.

MBTI
    INTj

Thank you though I should try to achieve goals like that?
    I hope not. But you probably will, until you succeed enough times to realize that they don't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    But they seem meaningless... So what do I do regarding my own goals? My short term goals include getting straight As during the next 4 years of high school and becoming a National Merit Scholar but I'm not sure what my long term goals should be and that frustrates me.

MBTI
    INTj

But they seem meaningless... So what do I do regarding my own goals? My short term goals include getting straight As during the next 4 years of high school and becoming a National Merit Scholar but I'm not sure what my long term goals should be and that frustrates me.
    All you need are short term goals. Very long term ones are questionable anyways. You will change your mind. You can't go wrong by continuing to pursue goals which gives you more choices in the future. That's what I do.

For now, getting good marks will allow you to choose any career you want later. If you choose a reasonably well paid one, money will give you the freedom to do the things you want without worries. I think you are on the right track.

What is "meaning" anyways? It's just a feeling of contentment. Feelings can be achieved in so many different ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    All you need are short term goals. Very long term ones are questionable anyways. You will change your mind. You can't go wrong by continuing to pursue goals which gives you more choices in the future. That's what I do.

For now, getting good marks will allow you to choose any career you want later. If you choose a reasonably well paid one, money will give you the freedom to do the things you want without worries. I think you are on the right track.

What is "meaning" anyways? It's just a feeling of contentment. Feelings can be achieved in so many different ways.
    I get really bored if I don't have any long term goals to achieve... Hmm, I see, I guess that makes sense.