User Tag List

First 6789 Last

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    I find myself getting impatient only because I want to know the way to apply things...and he spends a good part of the talk trying to prove that it works...I already know that it works, get to how I can implement it in my life right now. lol
    The simplest way is to seek out and surround yourself with people who has the same goals.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    How do you choose the feel good stuff?
    It's the path of least resistance for most.

Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    It's the path of least resistance for most.
    What do you mean?

MBTI
    INTj

What do you mean?
    They go for immediate gratification, rather than what is better in the long run.

They go for immediate gratification, rather than what is better in the long run.
    Hmm could you give me some examples?

MBTI
    INTj

Hmm could you give me some examples?
    Simple example when people take pride in following the latest trends. Their pride is unfounded. Conformity is not an achievement.

Buying status symbols such as very expensive items such as clothing, jewelery or cars are also achievements of dubious merit in most cases. I see no reason for them to feel so proud. They simply made a choice to spend more.

Simple example when people take pride in following the latest trends. Their pride is unfounded. Conformity is not an achievement.

Buying status symbols such as very expensive items such as clothing, jewelery or cars are also achievements of dubious merit in most cases. I see no reason for them to feel so proud. They simply made a choice to spend more.
    Thank you though I should try to achieve goals like that?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

What would personal validation be like for an Fe dom?
    There's a really great resource I'm gonna recommend to you called the Greenlight wiki. It's one of the best ones out there to help you understand the functions and how they work.

Fe is not exactly my strong suit, so I'm just gonna have to go with my theoretical understanding to answer your question. I'd assume that Fe-users would seek validation in regards to social value. Both in the sense of their worth in the society they live in (i.e., where they fit into the hierarchy), and validation in terms of the norms and rules of that society (i.e., how closely their beliefs/behaviors/ect conform to that which is considered socially acceptable).

I think that being an enneagram 3 is gonna entail a certain awareness that--on the surface at least--parallels that of an Fe-user. My belief though is that for an ENTJ 3w4 that social awareness is a means to an end rather than an end unto itself. So I guess my question for you is why do you identify with 3w4, and what motivates you to want to be famous?

How does Se help you?
    Consider for a minute the strength particular to an ENTJ. Our whole set-up is geared towards defining concrete, measurable objectives (Te), and developing novel strategies to execute them (Ni).

Like I was saying before, Se's primary use for us is giving us feedback to help us understand whether the vision we've concocted via Ni is effective and grounded in reality.

In addition to feedback, teritary Se supports Te by allowing us to respond to things in the moment. Honestly, Te with Ni secondary is never going to be as precise as it is with Ni laser-guiding things in the dominant position. We need that tertiary Se to be able to improvise if things get off the rails so that we can still effect our desired outcome.

The reason that Se is necessary for us hinges on the novel aspects of our strategies. If you think about our sensor counterparts, they rely on having vast repositories of effective existing models at their disposal via Si. They're as a rule much more detail oriented because their effectivness relies upon getting as close as possible to an exact match amongst the models they're familiar with for their current situation. Ni doesn't work like that. While Te will attune you to the fundamental nature of how things relate to one another, it's Ni that allows you to manipulate those relationships by enabling a virtually unlimited number of perspectives on them. Some already considered and some never seen before. But since we're about practical execution, Se is what allows us to parse down what could be to what will actually work.

So, to summarize: Se balances (and sometimes bails) out Ni for us.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    There's a really great resource I'm gonna recommend to you called the Greenlight wiki. It's one of the best ones out there to help you understand the functions and how they work.

Fe is not exactly my strong suit, so I'm just gonna have to go with my theoretical understanding to answer your question. I'd assume that Fe-users would seek validation in regards to social value. Both in the sense of their worth in the society they live in (i.e., where they fit into the hierarchy), and validation in terms of the norms and rules of that society (i.e., how closely their beliefs/behaviors/ect conform to that which is considered socially acceptable).

I think that being an enneagram 3 is gonna entail a certain awareness that--on the surface at least--parallels that of an Fe-user. My belief though is that for an ENTJ 3w4 that social awareness is a means to an end rather than an end unto itself. So I guess my question for you is why do you identify with 3w4, and what motivates you to want to be famous?

Consider for a minute the strength particular to an ENTJ. Our whole set-up is geared towards defining concrete, measurable objectives (Te), and developing novel strategies to execute them (Ni).

Like I was saying before, Se's primary use for us is giving us feedback to help us understand whether the vision we've concocted via Ni is effective and grounded in reality.

In addition to feedback, teritary Se supports Te by allowing us to respond to things in the moment. Honestly, Te with Ni secondary is never going to be as precise as it is with Ni laser-guiding things in the dominant position. We need that tertiary Se to be able to improvise if things get off the rails so that we can still effect our desired outcome.

The reason that Se is necessary for us hinges on the novel aspects of our strategies. If you think about our sensor counterparts, they rely on having vast repositories of effective existing models at their disposal via Si. They're as a rule much more detail oriented because their effectivness relies upon getting as close as possible to an exact match amongst the models they're familiar with for their current situation. Ni doesn't work like that. While Te will attune you to the fundamental nature of how things relate to one another, it's Ni that allows you to manipulate those relationships by enabling a virtually unlimited number of perspectives on them. Some already considered and some never seen before. But since we're about practical execution, Se is what allows us to parse down what could be to what will actually work.

So, to summarize: Se balances (and sometimes bails) out Ni for us.
    Thank you! Reading about Fe was definitely very interesting. I see. I identify with 3w4 because I've always wanted to be successful in life. My self esteem revolves around my achievements and skills. I have a fear of being a nobody. I also seek admiration not love like a 3w2 would. To be honest, I could care less about being loved, most definitely. I care much more about respect. I want to be famous because I want my opinions to impact people. I want people to actually listen to me and I also want to be remembered when I die.

That makes sense. Could you give me some examples?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Thank you! Reading about Fe was definitely very interesting. I see. I identify with 3w4 because I've always wanted to be successful in life. My self esteem revolves around my achievements and skills. I have a fear of being a nobody. I also seek admiration not love like a 3w2 would. To be honest, I could care less about being loved, most definitely. I care much more about respect. I want to be famous because I want my opinions to impact people. I want people to actually listen to me and I also want to be remembered when I die.
    Sounds ENTJ to me.

That makes sense. Could you give me some examples?
    Examples of what?
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth