User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 88

  1. #61
    Glycerine
    Guest

    Default

    You are still way ahead of most 14 year olds. By the time they figure it out, you will probably have a good idea of what you want to do.

  2. #62
    Retired Nicki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    You are still way ahead of most 14 year olds. By the time they figure it out, you will probably have a good idea of what you want to do.
    Thanks although it seems like everyone else has an idea of what they enjoy doing while I don't. I'm probably being impatient but I really want to figure out what my passion is this year.

  3. #63
    Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi
    Posts
    3,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    Thanks although it seems like everyone else has an idea of what they enjoy doing while I don't. I'm probably being impatient but I really want to figure out what my passion is this year.
    I get upset when I see that people are telling you to not do a certain thing because it's percieved as bad...(I'm talking about fame) what fame may mean to you, may mean something else to others, anyways. Just had to put that out there...Also I'm annoyed that anyone is saying that your need for fame is a negative thing (even though it may be) because you should follow what YOU want to do.(that's a great example of Fi btw)<---I hold a core value of independence..so once that's violated i'm pissed. Also as an ENTJ...I know what it's like to be ahead of everyone at the age of 14...and actually so do most entj's I'm assuming....and others look at you and say that you're only 14 ...blah blah blah...so the hell what? I hated that crap then and I still hate it now... it's so condescending.(this is still Fi btw because it obviously hits home...lol) <---also If I have now over stepped in your thread I'm sorry.


    IMO though @Wind-Up Rex is exactly right when he says "focusing on fame is counterproductive, honestly. You should focus on simply being excellent, and recognition will automatically flow from that. If you focus on the recognition and external validation first, it fucks up your priorities, and that "empty vessel" thing we have as ENTJs will degenerate into outright hollowness. Do your best, strive as hard as you can, and shit will turn out the way it's supposed to. No more, no less."

    ^^^that's if you're going for fame.... a lot of people need to develop thier inner world before the outer world reflects it.

    @Typoz "Fe is what asks for approval. ENTJs are unfamiliar with Fe, in fact, I believe that Fe is the last function in the ENTJ function stack. "

    I have done a lot of thinking about this...and I came across Lenore Thompson...she's the author of a book called Personality Type an Owner's Manuel. I actually really believe what she is talking about...first she gives the layout of the brain and where the functions are located in the brain...ie Extraverted Judgement is on the left side and Introverted Judgement is on the right side...anyways...it turns out that Te and Fe are both front left brain functions...therefore it's easy to change between them..and actually, often we do (that's what happens when our bad side comes out)<---or our UNCONCIOUS...usually the function that's the last in the stack is the second to be used, especially in stressful situations...I feel like this is a compromise between you and wind-up rex cause I agree with him actually...being an eNtJ and all I am constantly looking for feedback......and I think you maybe took the OP as Aleda asking for validation or something maybe?...I definately took it as her wanting feedback...though ...the only thing is she didn't even ask a question lol which I find funny. And ENTJ's that have been through unhealthy times are going to have Fe developed a little cause of lack of confidence from being unhealthy. And just cause someone's an ENTJ, doesn't mean that they're a person that acts like they know what they're doing lol <---they don't have it all figured out either...lol and I feel like they are the first ones to admit that too lol
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

    Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

  4. #64
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    637

    Default

    @Inari Love I wouldn't take MBTI as far as you did - locations in the brain. But anyway, I proposed something to think about - Fe, it worked out, so that's good with me. To be honest, I don't follow this topic, I'm not too interested in it.

  5. #65
    Retired Nicki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    I get upset when I see that people are telling you to not do a certain thing because it's percieved as bad...(I'm talking about fame) what fame may mean to you, may mean something else to others, anyways. Just had to put that out there...Also I'm annoyed that anyone is saying that your need for fame is a negative thing (even though it may be) because you should follow what YOU want to do.(that's a great example of Fi btw)<---I hold a core value of independence..so once that's violated i'm pissed. Also as an ENTJ...I know what it's like to be ahead of everyone at the age of 14...and actually so do most entj's I'm assuming....and others look at you and say that you're only 14 ...blah blah blah...so the hell what? I hated that crap then and I still hate it now... it's so condescending.(this is still Fi btw because it obviously hits home...lol) <---also If I have now over stepped in your thread I'm sorry.


    IMO though @Wind-Up Rex is exactly right when he says "focusing on fame is counterproductive, honestly. You should focus on simply being excellent, and recognition will automatically flow from that. If you focus on the recognition and external validation first, it fucks up your priorities, and that "empty vessel" thing we have as ENTJs will degenerate into outright hollowness. Do your best, strive as hard as you can, and shit will turn out the way it's supposed to. No more, no less."

    ^^^that's if you're going for fame.... a lot of people need to develop thier inner world before the outer world reflects it.

    @Typoz "Fe is what asks for approval. ENTJs are unfamiliar with Fe, in fact, I believe that Fe is the last function in the ENTJ function stack. "

    I have done a lot of thinking about this...and I came across Lenore Thompson...she's the author of a book called Personality Type an Owner's Manuel. I actually really believe what she is talking about...first she gives the layout of the brain and where the functions are located in the brain...ie Extraverted Judgement is on the left side and Introverted Judgement is on the right side...anyways...it turns out that Te and Fe are both front left brain functions...therefore it's easy to change between them..and actually, often we do (that's what happens when our bad side comes out)<---or our UNCONCIOUS...usually the function that's the last in the stack is the second to be used, especially in stressful situations...I feel like this is a compromise between you and wind-up rex cause I agree with him actually...being an eNtJ and all I am constantly looking for feedback......and I think you maybe took the OP as Aleda asking for validation or something maybe?...I definately took it as her wanting feedback...though ...the only thing is she didn't even ask a question lol which I find funny. And ENTJ's that have been through unhealthy times are going to have Fe developed a little cause of lack of confidence from being unhealthy. And just cause someone's an ENTJ, doesn't mean that they're a person that acts like they know what they're doing lol <---they don't have it all figured out either...lol and I feel like they are the first ones to admit that too lol
    Thanks! This made a lot of sense and I definitely agreed with you. I don't want fame because I want external validation, I want fame because I realize that we live in world that's practically run by celebrities and your opinions also count more. I don't want to settle down and do nothing, I hate that, I get depressed because I feel directionless. I want to know what my goals are right now and I want to work towards them. I love getting a head start. Oh don't worry, you didn't do anything wrong.

    That's very interesting. I wanted advice and ideas that I could think over and get inspired by. But yeah, that makes sense.

  6. #66
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INTj
    Posts
    1,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    Why did you want to achieve them in the first place? I agree with you. I have no goals at the moment though and I feel aimless...
    I think we all strive for something because we predict that it will bring happiness. Psychologist Dan Gilbert has an interesting presentation on this: http://www.ted.com/talks/dan_gilbert..._we_happy.html I agree with much of what he said.

    Other than fame, what do you not have now that you think will make you happy if you achieve them in the future?

  7. #67
    Retired Nicki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    I think we all strive for something because we predict that it will bring happiness. Psychologist Dan Gilbert has an interesting presentation on this: http://www.ted.com/talks/dan_gilbert..._we_happy.html I agree with much of what he said.

    Other than fame, what do you not have now that you think will make you happy if you achieve them in the future?
    Definitely and I'll check that out. I want to find a passion in life, meet peers with the same values as mine, and get respect.

  8. #68
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INTj
    Posts
    1,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    Definitely and I'll check that out. I want to find a passion in life, meet peers with the same values as mine, and get respect.
    Life is similar to playing video games. Certain achievements will give you more power and enhance your ability to achieve even more. Others are simply feel good stuff.

    I tend to strive primarily for goals which falls into the former category. The latter will come naturally as a result. I don't need to expend resources on them.

    This approach has worked exceedingly well for me. Perhaps it can help you decide which goals are most worthwhile. What do you think?

  9. #69
    Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi
    Posts
    3,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    I think we all strive for something because we predict that it will bring happiness. Psychologist Dan Gilbert has an interesting presentation on this: http://www.ted.com/talks/dan_gilbert..._we_happy.html I agree with much of what he said.

    Other than fame, what do you not have now that you think will make you happy if you achieve them in the future?
    This ted talk was pretty good. I like what he has to say.

    I find myself getting impatient only because I want to know the way to apply things...and he spends a good part of the talk trying to prove that it works...I already know that it works, get to how I can implement it in my life right now. lol What it was about was kool though.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

    Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

  10. #70
    Retired Nicki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    Life is similar to playing video games. Certain achievements will give you more power and enhance your ability to achieve even more. Others are simply feel good stuff.

    I tend to strive primarily for goals which falls into the former category. The latter will come naturally as a result. I don't need to expend resources on them.

    This approach has worked exceedingly well for me. Perhaps it can help you decide which goals are most worthwhile. What do you think?
    How do you choose the feel good stuff? Hmm I see. It's a really helpful and fascinating video, thanks for sharing it with me.

Similar Threads

  1. [INFP] INFP's secret desire to be center of attention?
    By FaboVI in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 08-13-2009, 11:43 PM
  2. Yet another frustrated INTP!
    By GreyDeath in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 04-15-2008, 10:42 AM
  3. I have a strong desire to comprehend stuff
    By coberst in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-17-2007, 02:47 PM
  4. Intellectual Frustration
    By ygolo in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-26-2007, 05:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO