Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    I relate to you and understand where you're coming from. I mean, I'd substitute power for fame (e8 vs e3 preference), but that's about it.

I have a couple of thoughts on this. Like you, despite ambition and a strong drive, I was in many ways a kind of empty vessel. I had a general idea of what I liked and what I didn't like and what my strengths were, but no clear burning desire to become one thing. Our instincts are to lead and organize, but we're not necessarily particular as to what. Because to us, it really doesn't matter-- Ni renders certain principles universal.

I think it's hard for ENTJs because we're Fi last, so our personal feelings on things can frequently be a blind spot. There have been a couple of things that have helped me develop Fi that I'd recommend for you to try. The first would be connecting with people who use Fi better than you do, explaining your problem, and asking for help. I've been blessed to have a lot of really tremendous NFPs (and even an INTJ or two) in my life who have taught me a great deal about how to navigate some of my inferior Fi issues, and I'm a lot better for it. Having a deeper appreciation for Fi will help you determine what's really in your heart, and will help you know how to attain those things in a way that's right for you.

The second thing that has been crucial for me has been learning to meditate. Having an introspective practice like meditation helps you to figure out what's going on with yourself (Fi), and strengthen your connection to your inner guidance (Ni).

Last bit of advice: focusing on fame is counterproductive, honestly. You should focus on simply being excellent, and recognition will automatically flow from that. If you focus on the recognition and external validation first, it fucks up your priorities, and that "empty vessel" thing we have as ENTJs will degenerate into outright hollowness. Do your best, strive as hard as you can, and shit will turn out the way it's supposed to. No more, no less.
    Can we get married? lol j/k

You just explained my whole life...lol and you sound like god in the last paragragh lol.

Except I'm a 6 and I struggle with ambiguity....so I REALLY don't know myself...but I do know this empty vessel you speak of.

personal feelings on things can frequently be a blind spot <---This is so true and ironic....because I didn't even know I was like this til this year<---and that's because I don't think about my personal feelings that I have about my personal feelings....sighs what a mess lol
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

To which I'll add that I feel very little that is productive is going to come out of continuing exchange. I can't tell if you're trolling or there's just something genuinely wrong with you, but it's immaterial to me at this point.

@Aleda, my apologies for derailing your thread. I'll respond to your question regarding Fe shortly.
    Very ironic, considering that you said that I've added nothing to the thread, and now you're offering to comment on what came out of my post about Fe.

But yea, since you didn't want to take this to PM as I suggested, let's not derail this thread.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Typoz View Post
    Very ironic, considering that you said that I've added nothing to the thread, and now you're offering to comment on what came out of my post about Fe.
    No, you narcissistic prick. It is not ironic. You did not add anything with your bullshit. You just created a mess. She asked me a question as a result, and I'm trying to put her mind at ease. The end.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

No, you narcissistic prick. It is not ironic. You did not add anything with your bullshit. You just created a mess. She asked me a question as a result, and I'm trying to put her mind at ease. The end.
    Since when considering new possibilities and taking in new information is a mess and bullshit? That's the most closed-minded thing I've heard today.

What I find more interesting is that you are creating a mess by not agreeing to take this to the PM in this very thread.

Also, keep your petty insults to yourself.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Typoz View Post
    Not necessarily, especially when we're talking about Te. Te is there to question things, not to ask "am I right?"
    Te is more to do with organisational step by step logic as in A + B will lead to C with repeatable and predictable results. I would say given this it is not that unusual for a Te dominant type to ask for advice on which steps would produce the best outcome.

In fact I would say that looking for help from those who are experienced enough to give it out in a useful manner is quite logical and certainly rational.

It is more illogical to rely solely upon the merit of one's own assumptions...especially if as a person that individual is at a point where they, quite literally, dont know what to do next.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Te is more to do with organisational step by step logic as in A + B will lead to C with repeatable and predictable results. I would say given this it is not that unusual for a Te dominant type to ask for advice on which steps would produce the best outcome.

In fact I would say that looking for help from those who are experienced enough to give it out in a useful manner is quite logical and certainly rational.

It is more illogical to rely solely upon the merit of one's own assumptions...especially if as a person that individual is at a point where they, quite literally, dont know what to do next.
    That's not affirmation then, that's asking for advice. That's different, and in that case, I do agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    I asked a few ISFPs for advice and I think I should listen to them until I develop a passion. Does that seem reasonable?
    Nobody answered this question...

Glycerine

If you are good at it, think about taking as many math and science classes (and possibly advanced classes) as you think you can... it opens up more doors for when you do decide. Also, it's best not to get tunnel vision on your plans or it closes off more opportunities than it opens... be goal-oriented but flexible. I learned that the hard way. And, don't do something just because you think you should but because you really want to in regards to a goal.

You still have some time to decide though.

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    If you are good at it, think about taking as many math and science classes (and possibly advanced classes) as you think you can... it opens up more doors for when you do decide. Also, it's best not to get tunnel vision on your plans or it closes off more opportunities than it opens... be goal-oriented but flexible. I learned that the hard way. And, don't do something just because you think you should but because you really want to in regards to a goal.

You still have some time to decide though.
    Hmm I'll definitely do that. I have goals but I really just don't know what to do. I feel aimless and frustrated. I don't know how to find what I actually love doing. I know what I want but I don't know why. I don't know whether I'd be wasting time in pursuing these goals.