User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 88

  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    Extroverts tend to seek external validation, regardless of whether they use Fe or not. She's also 14. She'll properly not give a fuck when she's older.

    Meanwhile, stop undermining people about their type when you clearly don't know your ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to typology.
    Not necessarily, especially when we're talking about Te. Te is there to question things, not to ask "am I right?"

    Is that because I haven't fully typed myself?


    @Aleda not saying that the tests are wrong in your case, but they aren't very accurate. There's even a post somewhere around here discussing the validity of them.

  2. #42
    Retired Nicki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    Extroverts tend to seek external validation, regardless of whether they use Fe or not. She's also 14. She'll properly not give a fuck when she's older.

    Meanwhile, stop undermining people about their type when you clearly don't know your ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to typology.
    How do you tell the difference from an Fe-dom extravert and an extravert regarding external validation? I don't care really care about getting external validation from the people around me because I consider most of them unreasonable, impulsive, and over-sensitive (some adults are great though) but I do tend to seek external validation on the Internet in forums like these when it comes to my opinions and explanations as I assume a lot of you know more about the theory itself than I do.

  3. #43
    Retired Nicki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Typoz View Post
    Not necessarily, especially when we're talking about Te. Te is there to question things, not to ask "am I right?"

    Is that because I haven't fully typed myself?


    @Aleda not saying that the tests are wrong in your case, but they aren't very accurate. There's even a post somewhere around here discussing the validity of them.
    I question the validity of things quite a lot if something doesn't make sense to me quite a lot though. I thought those were MBTI tests instead of cognitive functions tests? I identify much more with Te over Fe. I also relate to that Development of ENTJ children article on Personality Cafe.

  4. #44
    my floof is luxury Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Typoz View Post
    Not necessarily, especially when we're talking about Te. Te is there to question things, not to ask "am I right?"
    Yeah. The "knowledge" you've just demonstrated only serves to underline my point.

    Is that because I haven't fully typed myself?
    I have no opinion on that, but if it's the case its even more evidence in favor of my initial assertion. I just know from your posts that you tend to be full of shit. You seem to be the kind of dipshit to know just enough to make the mistake of believing he's actually got something to say. And worse with as little as you apparently know you still manage to be remarkably condescending with it.

    The OP did not make this thread to discuss her type. And you bringing it up when it's frankly not even pertinent to the general thrust of the discussion in the smarmy way that you have is a dick thing to do that has nothing to do with Aleda and everything to do with your own fucking ego. The fact that you'd do it when you can't even work out your own type makes it all the more revolting.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

  5. #45
    my floof is luxury Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    How do you tell the difference from an Fe-dom extravert and an extravert regarding external validation? I don't care really care about getting external validation from the people around me because I consider most of them unreasonable, impulsive, and over-sensitive (some adults are great though) but I do tend to seek external validation on the Internet in forums like these when it comes to my opinions and explanations as I assume a lot of you know more about the theory itself than I do.
    Aleda, seeking feedback to see if your approach to a problem or issue is effective is never wrong. The ENTJ problem solving style is as much in dialogue with reality as it is with theory. If you feel that forums are a pertinent source of information, then you should exploit them as much as you can. It doesn't sound like you're seeking personal validation for yourself like an Fe user would, so much as you're seeking validation for your approach. Those are very different things in my mind.

    But honestly, and I can't emphasize this enough, you should always be seeking feedback and more information when trying something new. It's the only way to know whether what you're trying is working or not. We're not Si users who have some roadmap to build on. Additional input is gonna be the only way Se can insure the plan Ni has put together is staying on track.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

  6. #46
    Retired Nicki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    Aleda, seeking feedback to see if your approach to a problem or issue is effective is never wrong. The ENTJ problem solving style is as much in dialogue with reality as it is with theory. If you feel that forums are a pertinent source of information, then you should exploit them as much as you can. It doesn't sound like you're seeking personal validation for yourself like an Fe user would, so much as you're seeking validation for your approach. Those are very different things in my mind.

    But honestly, and I can't emphasize this enough, you should always be seeking feedback and more information when trying something new. It's the only way to know whether what you're trying is working or not. We're not Si users who have some roadmap to build on. Additional input is gonna be the only way Se can insure the plan Ni has put together is staying on track.
    Ah, I see. Oh okay then. What would personal validation be like for an Fe dom? I don't think I really ever seek personal validation because I honestly don't care although I do realize that the world's run by people so I follow social standards unless I disagree with something either because of my morals or because I think it doesn't make sense at all. I try to do that. Oh okay, that makes sense. How does Se help you?

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    Yeah. The "knowledge" you've just demonstrated only serves to underline my point.
    In regards to this and to your second post - seeking info, not affirmation - that's different.

    I have no opinion on that, but if it's the case its even more evidence in favor of my initial assertion. I just know from your posts that you tend to be full of shit. You seem to be the kind of dipshit to know just enough to make the mistake of believing he's actually got something to say. And worse with as little as you apparently know you still manage to be remarkably condescending with it.

    The OP did not make this thread to discuss her type. And you bringing it up when it's frankly not even pertinent to the general thrust of the discussion in the smarmy way that you have is a dick thing to do that has nothing to do with Aleda and everything to do with your own fucking ego. The fact that you'd do it when you can't even work out your own type makes it all the more revolting.
    And by full of shit you mean different opinion? If not, which posts do you find to be full of shit? You can PM that if you want.

    If you think you've got something to say, then you've got something to say. You may be wrong, but still - you've got something to say. And I'm not saying that I'm wrong, by the way.

    This is a typology forum, which means that actions are at least somewhat tied with one's type. Therefore, bringing up one's type in a topic isn't a crime nor off-topic, nor a dick move. And her type has to do something with her, otherwise it wouldn't be her type.

    As for me working out my own type, my reply to you is in the thread in my signature.

  8. #48
    my floof is luxury Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Typoz View Post
    And by full of shit you mean different opinion?
    Nope. It's easy enough to recognize when someone's made a substantive contribution but is of a different opinion versus when someone's talking out of their asshole.


    If not, which posts do you find to be full of shit? You can PM that if you want.
    You're not worth the time it would take to look them up.


    If you think you've got something to say, then you've got something to say. You may be wrong, but still - you've got something to say. And I'm not saying that I'm wrong, by the way.
    Oh look. More smarmy meaningless bullshit. Quelle surprise.


    This is a typology forum, which means that actions are at least somewhat tied with one's type. Therefore, bringing up one's type in a topic isn't a crime nor off-topic, nor a dick move. And her type has to do something with her, otherwise it wouldn't be her type.
    This is in fact a typology forum, however a range of topics are discussed here. Some of which are typology related, and some of which have absolutely nothing to do with typology. But that's not really the point, and I'm not here to play some ridiculous Ti semantics game. Had you brought up typology in a way that had either been constructive or even germane to the subject at hand I wouldn't have called you on it. But since it basically appears that you had no other intention but to undermine the OP when all she's doing is asking for guidance it makes you look like a dick. I'm not sure how to break it down for you anymore than that. Though I recognize by now that the chance of you seeing that you're by any means at fault of anything (ever, most likely) are slim to none.

    As for me working out my own type, my reply to you is in the thread in my signature.
    Again, I can't make it any clearer that I couldn't give less of a shit what type you are.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

  9. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    Nope. It's easy enough to recognize when someone's made a substantive contribution but is of a different opinion versus when someone's talking out of their asshole.
    You're not worth the time it would take to look them up.
    Bold opinion with nothing to back it up. Interesting.

    Oh look. More smarmy meaningless bullshit. Quelle surprise.
    You mean a piece of different opinion than yours. Looking at things this way is closed-minded and potentially ignorant. Didn't think I'd receive that from an ENTJ.

    This is in fact a typology forum, however a range of topics are discussed here. Some of which are typology related, and some of which have absolutely nothing to do with typology. But that's not really the point, and I'm not here to play some ridiculous Ti semantics game. Had you brought up typology in a way that had either been constructive or even germane to the subject at hand I wouldn't have called you on it. But since it basically appears that you had no other intention but to undermine the OP when all she's doing is asking for guidance it makes you look like a dick. I'm not sure how to break it down for you anymore than that. Though I recognize by now that the chance of you seeing that you're by any means at fault of anything (ever, most likely) are slim to none.
    I have, actually. I have made her to think about Fe, and possibly other cognitive functions. I've also found out how she tests. Not only me, but everyone who's going to comment on her post before that.

    Why does everything have to do something with undermining others and their opinions to some people? I don't get it. To me, it's just a discussion. I've noticed this more than once, though it often comes from F types, as they relate to the person rather than to the object or the subject.

    Again, I can't make it any clearer that I couldn't give less of a shit what type you are.
    It's not about my type.

  10. #50
    my floof is luxury Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Typoz View Post
    I have, actually. I have made her to think about Fe, and possibly other cognitive functions. I've also found out how she tests. Not only me, but everyone who's going to comment on her post before that.

    Why does everything have to do something with undermining others and their opinions to some people? I don't get it. To me, it's just a discussion. I've noticed this more than once, though it often comes from F types, as they relate to the person rather than to the object or the subject.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    Though I recognize by now that the chance of you seeing that you're by any means at fault of anything (ever, most likely) are slim to none.
    To which I'll add that I feel very little that is productive is going to come out of continuing exchange. I can't tell if you're trolling or there's just something genuinely wrong with you, but it's immaterial to me at this point.

    @Aleda, my apologies for derailing your thread. I'll respond to your question regarding Fe shortly.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

Similar Threads

  1. [INFP] INFP's secret desire to be center of attention?
    By FaboVI in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 08-13-2009, 11:43 PM
  2. Yet another frustrated INTP!
    By GreyDeath in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 04-15-2008, 10:42 AM
  3. I have a strong desire to comprehend stuff
    By coberst in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-17-2007, 02:47 PM
  4. Intellectual Frustration
    By ygolo in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-26-2007, 05:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO