User Tag List

Thread: paper problems

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    2wX so/sx

Default paper problems

Hey everyone

I was hoping someone might be able to help look at my paper and check it to see if it makes sense? I didn't worry about citations and such because I will be reading it at the conference, but I'm trying to work out the issues and just want to see if you can follow it!

Here it is! http://pastebin.com/cgQtPGFF

Don't be too mean now, I'm just tired of looking/worrying about it.

@kyli_ryan, I am not a medievalist, nor have I read Chaucer's Franklin's Tale, nor have I read Boccaccio’s tale in the Decameron (this was my introduction to both these works).

But, if the things you said are actually true of the stories, you seem to make a reasonable case that Chaucer created and adaptation, and not a translation.

I think, however, that you base a large part of your argument on an appeal to authority of Karen Elizabeth Gross regarding the nature of Italian literature. Although, as a lay person, I would be willing to accept your conclusions, I have little insight into the actual reasons for believing that English and Italian literature have the differences you mentioned.

If, however, the differences you mention are indeed the accepted differences, then the your case is quite solid (though the contrast could be made more sharply).

Sorry. I always hate it when nobody responds to my threads, so I attempted to give constructive criticism. However, I am out of my depth in this particular field.

Best of luck in your presentation. Academia is ... interesting in how it delivers feedback.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    2wX so/sx

Thanks I'm pretty much going to pee my pants tomorrow I know what you mean about that feedback... I'm not looking forward to it at all!