• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

paper problems

kyli_ryan

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2wX
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hey everyone :)

I was hoping someone might be able to help look at my paper and check it to see if it makes sense? I didn't worry about citations and such because I will be reading it at the conference, but I'm trying to work out the issues and just want to see if you can follow it!

Here it is! http://pastebin.com/cgQtPGFF

Don't be too mean now, I'm just tired of looking/worrying about it. :unsure:

ygolo

My termites win
[MENTION=10594]kyli_ryan[/MENTION], I am not a medievalist, nor have I read Chaucer's Franklin's Tale, nor have I read Boccaccio’s tale in the Decameron (this was my introduction to both these works).

But, if the things you said are actually true of the stories, you seem to make a reasonable case that Chaucer created and adaptation, and not a translation.

I think, however, that you base a large part of your argument on an appeal to authority of Karen Elizabeth Gross regarding the nature of Italian literature. Although, as a lay person, I would be willing to accept your conclusions, I have little insight into the actual reasons for believing that English and Italian literature have the differences you mentioned.

If, however, the differences you mention are indeed the accepted differences, then the your case is quite solid (though the contrast could be made more sharply).

Sorry. I always hate it when nobody responds to my threads, so I attempted to give constructive criticism. However, I am out of my depth in this particular field.

Best of luck in your presentation. Academia is ... interesting in how it delivers feedback.

kyli_ryan

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2wX
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Thanks :) I'm pretty much going to pee my pants tomorrow :cry: I know what you mean about that feedback... I'm not looking forward to it at all!