User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 15

  1. #1
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default (Potential) Model Etiquette

    I've done a lot of modeling for artists, and once for a photographer. I'd like to get more jobs and more photo shoots with which to build a portfolio. I have some decent shots already, but could always use more.

    A couple of my friends have posted photo shoots on facebook, and I thought it would be a good idea to ask them and the photographers about it. In my direct style, I said the photos were really nice, asked the models if they paid for them or if the photographers just needed models, and asked the photographers if they needed more models. No response from anyone. Was I rude? Should I not have asked those questions? How do I find out these things if I don't ask? Should I have worded things differently? What is the proper etiquette for these situations?

    Edit: Actually my friend responded and said she was just busy at the moment, and the photographer responded too and said good things. So it was probably the case in the past too that people were just busy. Fe freak out. In any case, it would still be good to know exactly what to say and how and when and all that if anyone feels like they know. Which is just as well as I can't delete a thread.
    Last edited by greenfairy; 10-02-2012 at 07:00 PM.

  2. #2
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Jeez, 70 people have bothered to look at this thread and no one felt like commenting?

  3. #3
    royal member Rasofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,932

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    A couple of my friends have posted photo shoots on facebook, and I thought it would be a good idea to ask them and the photographers about it. In my direct style, I said the photos were really nice, asked the models if they paid for them or if the photographers just needed models, and asked the photographers if they needed more models. No response from anyone. Was I rude? Should I not have asked those questions? How do I find out these things if I don't ask? Should I have worded things differently? What is the proper etiquette for these situations?
    Did you use PM for those questions?

  4. #4
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Jeez, 70 people have bothered to look at this thread and no one felt like commenting?
    I know I looked at the thread because I thought that "model etiquette" could mean "ideal/best etiquette", with "model" being used as in the term "model citizen"... but I don't know if that's something that other people thought.

    I have a friend who's a model, and based on what she did, I'd suggest that you hook yourself up with a modeling/talent agency, if you're interested in amping up the amount of modeling work you do.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  5. #5
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Did you use PM for those questions?
    I thought of that; I didn't the first time, and I thought maybe that's why she didn't respond. So I did with the second person, and had better luck.

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I know I looked at the thread because I thought that "model etiquette" could mean "ideal/best etiquette", with "model" being used as in the term "model citizen"... but I don't know if that's something that other people thought.

    I have a friend who's a model, and based on what she did, I'd suggest that you hook yourself up with a modeling/talent agency, if you're interested in amping up the amount of modeling work you do.
    Oh yeah, maybe they just wanted to see what it was about.

    Yeah I've thought of that; but I'm not confident in getting enough work to make paying an agent worth it. And I'm interested in specific things, like artistic work, not just anything.

    Thanks for the suggestion though.

  6. #6
    Senior Member UniqueMixture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp
    Posts
    3,038

    Default

    lol
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

  7. #7
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Oh yeah, maybe they just wanted to see what it was about.

    Yeah I've thought of that; but I'm not confident in getting enough work to make paying an agent worth it. And I'm interested in specific things, like artistic work, not just anything.

    Thanks for the suggestion though.
    Depending on where you're located, I'm sure there are agencies out there that do more specific work. At the very least, it's worth doing a little research, sending out a few additional emails. What's the harm?

    Just sayin'.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  8. #8
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Depending on where you're located, I'm sure there are agencies out there that do more specific work. At the very least, it's worth doing a little research, sending out a few additional emails. What's the harm?

    Just sayin'.
    That's true. I haven't really done much research. I live in East Tennessee, so it's not like a big city, but it might be worth looking into.

  9. #9
    Symbolic Herald Vasilisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,128

    Default

    Be careful what happens to your images

    The weird world of stock photography
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project


    Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

  10. #10
    FRACTALICIOUS phobik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    7,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Be careful what happens to your images

    The weird world of stock photography
    Yeah, unless you want to end up as someone's avatar.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

    Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Similar Threads

  1. [NF] What NF's look for in a potential mate
    By GirlAmerica in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 123
    Last Post: 03-24-2009, 04:24 PM
  2. [NT] what NTs look for in a potential mate
    By GirlAmerica in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 135
    Last Post: 08-17-2008, 10:36 PM
  3. Shadow function prioritization: a model
    By narticus in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-11-2008, 01:23 PM
  4. [SP] what SP's look for in a potential mate
    By GirlAmerica in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-02-2008, 04:04 PM
  5. Honestly changing your trait scores for Five Factor Model
    By ygolo in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-01-2007, 09:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO