User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by mmhmm View Post

wow. makes me want to go call my mom to thank her.
    for preparing my siblings and me the best she could.
    It's really amazing to consider what our lives would look like if we didn't have some kind of mentor encouraging us to take the unbeaten path. If we just believe in ourselves', we're crazy. If we have someone believing in us? We're dedicated. It's a whole different world.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

wow. makes me want to go call my mom to thank her.
    for preparing my siblings and me the best she could.
    It's really amazing to consider what our lives would look like if we didn't have some kind of mentor encouraging us to take the unbeaten path. If we just believe in ourselves', we're crazy. If we have someone believing in us? We're dedicated. It's a whole different world.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

oh i had a job waiting for me.
    i didn't even realize that people
    looked for jobs /after/ they got
    out of school. i just searched
    while i was in school. (isn't that
    what you're suppose to do?)
    It depends on how good is the job market for graduates in whatever area you´re living. Ex. when I was in Italy, the job market was worsening each year - thus my 2005-started part-time job paid more than any entry-level position.

Anyway, I got a master´s in financial mathematics, right at the moment when one of the worst crisis hit my home country and well, almost whole Europe. Graduated in October 2011, but had a part-time job during my whole uni years which I kept afterwards (and still sometimes deal with). I got offered a shitty internship for 600-euros month, 12 hours-day (that was explicitly said during the interview!), refused. Another offer for a shitty interview afterwards, 400 euros-month for 10 hours-day. Tried for 15 days, quit, then moved to Germany with my girlfriend. After 2 months I found a job as a researcher at the uni, quite happy with it so far.

It's really amazing to consider what our lives would look like if we didn't have some kind of mentor encouraging us to take the unbeaten path.
    Well, idk, depends. My parents are great, but they are really um unambitious compared to me (which is fine). I don´t think everyone requires a mentor (even though it´s always easier if you have one).
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

In Germany school ended after 13 years when I was young, so I was already age 20 when I was done. At age 17 I started a freelance webdesign company with a school colleague, which we had for 10 more years. It was quite lucrative in that time before the .com bubble burst. So after school I did one year of civil service in a retirement home, which is mandatory around here and wasnt good for me. Since I had enough money I started to compensate the psychic stress by smoking a lot of pot and having a lot of wild parties. Wasnt too bad on retrospect . After the civil year I started to go to University and choosed to major in german literature studies and computer linguistics. The first two semesters tho, I hardly attended class and was bored to hell with most things I did in class. So at age 22 I started to study mechanical enginerring and finished the Bachelor at age 28. It took me quite long cause around age 23 I got into a job with my hometown administration and devoted lesser time to studies. I am working fulltime now for my hometown administration as a consulting engineer for industrial and economical development. Its no dreamjob for me but the work leaves me enough space to pursue my hobbies and earn a lot of money. At age 29 I started my Master in mechanical engineering, which is a parttime master for people who already have fulltime jobs. So I'll prolly finish that around age 32.

My dream job tho still is to run my own company.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

I got depressed and still am.
    When I get sad I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Video Challenge Question Video
    Race: Werepire
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    7w8 sx>so>sp
    Give me an E! E
    Give me a N! N
    Give me a T! T
    Give me a P! P
    What's that? Yeah right, that's me!

Always expect the unexpected! - Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I graduated as an interpreter for English and Spanish. It took me about 3 months to find an internship with a big translation company, doing a little bit of everything, mostly proofreading translations though. After a few weeks the boss asked me if I wanted to run one of their one-man-offices as a project manager/girl-for-everything. It was a spontaneous offer and I accepted just as spontaneously. So I immediatley moved to where the office was and managed it for half a year. During those 6 months I took a week off to do the exams for my second degree as a translator (no extra credits needed, if you are an interpreter you simply have to pass y few exams for a double degree...I'd say that what I have - Diplom-Dolmetscherin and Diplom-Übersetzerin is roughly the equivalent of a Masters degree in translation and interpreting). I am a translator, not a business person and the office didn't make enough profit, so they sacked me. At first I was absolutely panicking. But then I saw it as an opportunity to become my own boss. My former employer immediatlely became my main customer because there was no bad blood and they always respected my translating skills, just not my commercial skills. After 1 or 2 months I had enough work coming in to be able to make a living.

Other agencies pay better, but I mainly stick to them. I'm definitely not rich, but I usually have a lot of free time, am my own boss with all the liberty and responsibility that goes with it and am doing what I studied to do. Right now I am on an 8 week long mission as an accompynying interpreter for a foreign employee of a big corporation. That means good money coming in to compensate for the hard winter.

You need nerves of steel, but I love the freedom.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    It depends on how good is the job market for graduates in whatever area you´re living.
    any good position will always be competitive, and good
    talent is always in demand. no matter how good/bad the
    economy is. i think that it's basically up to me to get the
    jobs that are available. and shit just gets more competitive,
    i just have to be better. can't let things i can't control get
    in my way.

under my personal circumstances, my location had no
    influence on where i will work. i didn't stick around my
    home country or my university's city/country to get a job.
    i moved. my job was waiting for me across the atlantic.

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    yeah, i think having someone believing in you is nice.
    in terms of having that room to fail, and then being
    able to dust myself off and just start again.

but i think i'm most grateful for my early years
    education. i mean i grew up in a developing country,
    and to my parents, the best advantage they could
    give us was rearing us into multi-lingual people.
    and they put us in an 'international' environment
    from the get go... play groups to pre school. and
    just the exposure to the different cultures and walks
    that make up life. i think that has shaped me so
    incredibly much.

high school, college, post grad (twice...on my third
    now with a part time program).... all my own doing,
    parents have never seen a report card since 5th grade.

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Well, idk, depends. My parents are great, but they are really um unambitious compared to me (which is fine). I don´t think everyone requires a mentor (even though it´s always easier if you have one).
    i don't think it's always easier if you have
    a mentor that you didn't pick yourself. road
    to hell is paved with good intentions.
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

Senor Membrae Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp

Didn't make the most of school, now redeeming myself

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Oh my.

If I told the tale of the time between when I dropped out of an undergraduate Bachelor's of science in Biology in December of 1996 (in my 4th year), through the time through the time I completed a bachelor's of science in Management Information Systems (MIS) there would be so much debauchery and ultimately reckless behavior that the potential incriminating details make me shudder.

Perhaps I'll write that book and have it released after me, and all others who I lived those days with were dead?

Hmmmmm.....

But most likely I'll share them one at a time with those I know now as the conversations we have lean on such memories as supplementary material. :Happy:

-Alex of Halla74
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 so/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Worked an internship on my last year. I was still considered an intern after graduation. I was approached by the director in my department to assist with a huge pipelined project. I was going to act as assistant project coordinator for the housing development. Did well. On my third year was offered to be a project coordinator iv. Stayed in it for a year.

I got sick. Quit my job. Went home. Taking a year off to do some soul searchin'. Unfortunately in the process I denied the existence of my illness. Then I woke up. Found a plan.

Starting over to get a Dual MPA/MPH but it needs a shit ton of requirements (people think I'm crazy, but I've never felt so alive and excited about life). Looking at a phD in sociology then hopefully if I do it correctly again I'll be working as a consultant for public health in some sort of private firm/public entity/government or do research.

Somewhere in the middle or after the phD I'd like to sign up for PeaceCorps.

Yep that's everything I did after grad and everything I will do.
    LIE-Ni * SCOEI * Te/Fi * 1-7-3 The Systems Builder