User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which type would make a worse server?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • INFP

13 43.33%
  • INTP

17 56.67%
First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI

I dunno...

I'd make a terrible waiter, but at the same time I'd work hard to make people happy. I'd probably forget to bring them things a lot, but would apologize and prioritize it as soon as it was pointed out to me. I'd be a bit frantic, but would sincerely want them to enjoy their meal.

More than anything it'd be exhausting for me and I wouldn't even bother trying to act like I knew what I was doing, but I'd explain that to them and work hard in spite of it.

So I don't know...
    "Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away." -Ekaku Hakuin
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psdunkqmep.png
    5w4 . IEI . Chaotic Good
    Right-Libertarian Minarchist

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by tkae. View Post
    I dunno...

I'd make a terrible waiter, but at the same time I'd work hard to make people happy. I'd probably forget to bring them things a lot, but would apologize and prioritize it as soon as it was pointed out to me. I'd be a bit frantic, but would sincerely want them to enjoy their meal.

More than anything it'd be exhausting for me and I wouldn't even bother trying to act like I knew what I was doing, but I'd explain that to them and work hard in spite of it.

So I don't know...
    Lol. You sound like my cousin. I bet you're a sweet person.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I don't think that's me. I obviously do see the value in interacting with others, and often do it rather well. And I have had a lot of ideas which had good external application. I'm just a non-definite type is all. And if people don't like it tough.
    You must have developed an additional cognitive function that most INTP's don't use, so it makes you look like other types.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    You must have developed an additional cognitive function that most INTP's don't use, so it makes you look like other types.
    Yeah; my theory is that it is Ni, and that connects with the F functions to make me resemble INXJ.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Yeah; my theory is that it is Ni, and that connects with the F functions to make me resemble INXJ.

Or you could just be in a tertiary loop. LOL

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    But tertiary loops from the description are supposed to be a bad thing, right? I don't have a mental disorder. Unless you count possible Asperger's and ADHD.

I'm not arguing against INFJ; it's entirely possible. I just think I'm more than one type and I switch, with one close to the center that I am a little more often. And not ruling out being extroverted either, as something I switch into.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Only because I think they would be the least suited to it. Do you think another type would be so less than INFP?
    Possibly whatever type I am ho ho ho. And im no INFP or INTP.

Perhaps ENFP's would be even worse since they might be more vocal with their protests? Being introverted and spacey doesn't mean bad server to me.

Although.....thinking about it I can see the reasoning as to why someone would think that; I suppose it does make sense. Id say any individual can be a bad server though since it is down to being able to cope with that environment and im not sure the inherency of cognition set out by a theory can be used to predict that.

Although I dont mean to detract too much from what is a fun topic.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Possibly whatever type I am ho ho ho. And im no INFP or INTP.

Perhaps ENFP's would be even worse since they might be more vocal with their protests? Being introverted and spacey doesn't mean bad server to me.

Although.....thinking about it I can see the reasoning as to why someone would think that; I suppose it does make sense. Id say any individual can be a bad server though since it is down to being able to cope with that environment and im not sure the inherency of cognition set out by a theory can be used to predict that.

Although I dont mean to detract too much from what is a fun topic.
    Well the reason I'm a bad server is because I'm introverted and spacey. (But I've gotten a lot better; I'm pretty competent now.) I would think sensitive would be a weakness as well (which I'm not), which is more INFP than INTP or ENFP. True, ENFP would get angrier and might be more vengeful; but they would also have more social skills than either type due to being extroverted. Mature INFP's who have developed their Te a lot could be great at it, as could mature INTP's who have developed their Fe. And as you say, any type could have trouble with it as well as excel.

As for you, I kind of get an F vibe, but that's all I can say since I don't know you irl; and that could be mistaken.

Hm, my sister's ENFP and she's going to train to be a server I think (right now she's a hostess). I wonder how she'll do. She has great people skills, but I don't see that much Te in her, and she can get offended by rudeness like the other ENFP's mentioned. Then again she's great at her fast food job, which involves Te logistics. But I was good in fast food too.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

...the best servers are those with the lowest latency...

ouh yeah, baby that was hot !
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

But tertiary loops from the description are supposed to be a bad thing, right? I don't have a mental disorder. Unless you count possible Asperger's and ADHD.

I'm not arguing against INFJ; it's entirely possible. I just think I'm more than one type and I switch, with one close to the center that I am a little more often. And not ruling out being extroverted either, as something I switch into.
    In the above quote @The Great One was suggesting you might be ISxP since they as well as INxJs are both introverts that utilize Ni in their function list though you are way too far out there to be S!