• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which type would make a worse server, INFP or INTP?

Which type would make a worse server?

• INFP

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • INTP

Votes: 15 53.6%

• Total voters

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The ones repping INFPs as the best servers must know an entirely different class of INFPs than the one I know. They have a stronger relationship with people because they actually care what people do, more than INTPs. Which means that they can be friendlier, but if Fi is violated, watch out.

Either type would do fine if they're somewhat rounded and have a bit of a work ethic.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I have considered INFJ. I'm more INFJ than INFP, and to the extent that I act like an F I probably switch into INFJ. But at the moment I prefer INTX. Anyway, I'm not a definite anything.

As for Enneagram, I'm not really motivated to get into it. Other people are welcome to analyze me with it though. I'm self absorbed enough that would be more likely to keep my attention. :alttongue:

Yeah, I could easily see you as a person that is an Ni<Ti loop. That type of individual can look very INTP.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Servers do though. If someone constantly comes off as cold to the people they are serving, then they will get a very poor tip most of the time.

Server:

hp-server_749844.jpg

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
What is this Ni-Ti loop I keep hearing about?

http://personalitycafe.com/articles/25205-dominant-tertiary-loops-common-personality-disorders.html

ISTP/INFJ: Ti/Ni or Ni/Ti--Schizoid Personality Disorder. These types are socially incompetent for lack of trying, because they see little to no value in significant interaction with others. They live in their own abstract worlds, constantly second-guessing themselves as Ti poses a framework for a problem and Ni shoots it down as too definitionally precise. Without any real external input, these two functions will dream up all sorts of elaborate systems and implications for them, only to repeat their own self-defeating behavior, never bothering to emphasize putting any of its intense ideas into practice. Frequent disregard for rules, laws and other forms of behavioral standards is common, as no function provides any significant sense of external influence. If Se/Fe were doing its job, the user would recognize the value of connecting with others and of paying attention to their needs, preferences, habits and appearances.

LOL, this is great INTJ humor!

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I suppose this was raised some 3-4 pages back, but....why just those two types?

I was a terrible server the one time I tried it and im pretty sure im neither of those types.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I suppose this was raised some 3-4 pages back, but....why just those two types?

I was a terrible server the one time I tried it and im pretty sure im neither of those types.

Only because I think they would be the least suited to it. Do you think another type would be so less than INFP?

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFP's are not at all like computers.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ah you have no idea. Break a heart or two and they become the masters of coldblooded higher programming languages :)

Really? I thought they just went crazy. Well I haven't met that many so I wouldn't know how they are when they switch to Te mode. You might have a point.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I thought I did fine. I liked coming up with my own systems for doing things. I had gotten written up a few times for “unproffesional handling of customer concerns” AKA I laughed at people who had illegitimate complaints. I didn’t like schmoozing but I couldn’t really argue the results. Old couples at yacht clubs and the single divorcee ladies are money machines.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Really? I thought they just went crazy. Well I haven't met that many so I wouldn't know how they are when they switch to Te mode. You might have a point.

Yea dom Fi types are pretty hazardous and to be handled with care. I survived one for 8 yrs now :D

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i've always assumed that i'd be a terrible waitress. forgetful, clumsy, not very sociable. and if someone pissed me off enough there would definitely be some kind of bodily fluids going in their food.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
i've always assumed that i'd be a terrible waitress. forgetful, clumsy, not very sociable. and if someone pissed me off enough there would definitely be some kind of bodily fluids going in their food.

*poke poke poke*

*run*

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I thought I did fine. I liked coming up with my own systems for doing things. I had gotten written up a few times for “unproffesional handling of customer concerns” AKA I laughed at people who had illegitimate complaints. I didn’t like schmoozing but I couldn’t really argue the results. Old couples at yacht clubs and the single divorcee ladies are money machines.

Cool. What sorts of systems did you have?