• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What job do you think I would be...suited for?

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Ok so I thought id ask this because ive spent so long trying to listen to myself....but with no answer.

I suddenly realised that it isnt such a bad idea to discuss these things with others and try to perhaps listen to advice and ideas from others for once. Especially on this subject.

Now I know it seems attention/praise seeking of me and very odd to ask this of people, mainly because it is a bit...inaccurate to ask people for information like this when it is a forum. Afterall we hardly give clear indicators of our capabilities just by posting.

But I wondered if anyone could glean some insight on my capabilities, perhaps from time with me in vent or my blog videos.

People tell me I care too much about the opinion of others....which is true, but I never accept or follow them...perhaps I should.

Caring can never truely be switched off...it can be suppressed, but not switched off, so no one is free from the influence of others.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ok so I thought id ask this because ive spent so long trying to listen to myself....but with no answer.

I suddenly realised that it isnt such a bad idea to discuss these things with others and try to perhaps listen to advice and ideas from others for once. Especially on this subject.

Now I know it seems attention/praise seeking of me and very odd to ask this of people, mainly because it is a bit...inaccurate to ask people for information like this when it is a forum. Afterall we hardly give clear indicators of our capabilities just by posting.

But I wondered if anyone could glean some insight on my capabilities, perhaps from time with me in vent or my blog videos.

People tell me I care too much about the opinion of others....which is true, but I never accept or follow them...perhaps I should.

Caring can never truely be switched off...it can be suppressed, but not switched off, so no one is free from the influence of others.

The medical field is a sure-fire winner.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
Well I always like talking to you, so anything involving people I think works for you. Nothing too detail oriented though maybe lol. Teaching kids maybe?

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Some kind of caring or people orientated job where you deal with people a lot. You are a very sweet guy and very like-able. I could see you as some kind of nurse/teacher/carer/or anything people orientated.
What are your interests? Could you combine any of those with your people skills?

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oohhh yeah, i can see you working with children.... maybe even in teaching primary age children sports?

Oh also, i could also see comedian, youth worker, or poss something involving motivating teams...some part of HR that deals with that?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Id be up for both of those actually!

Unfortunately court jester went out of fashion years ago..stupid stuffy royal family...not letting me be a jester....hrm dermm.,......grumble...grizzle.

Not necessarily, I had a TON of fun working at the local Renaissance Festival.. Acted silly, dressed in costumes everyday, worked with people that were happy and carefree because they were there to have fun.. So a theme park job, or a job like that might be fun. :) Especially holiday jobs, like helping out a haunted house or a christmas display thing that needs workers. All potentially fun jobs that are there to entertain people. When I worked at the Ren Fest, I made more money from making people laugh than I did knowing and describing the products I was selling.

High tech pastry chef!

<3 <3 I would love to run a coffee shop/pastry shop in the day and a bar in the evening. A renaissance meets steam punk sort of setting, with crazy machinery everywhere. <3 It'd be awesome! I had a dream about it and fell in love with it. :D But! This isn't about me..

I meant to say, working as a pastry chef or cake decorator is a lot of fun and a way to create a new skill. And going to school for it would be fun! Cake! All the time! and you'd smell good coming home from work! :)

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well I always like talking to you, so anything involving people I think works for you. Nothing too detail oriented though maybe lol. Teaching kids maybe?

Oohhh yeah, i can see you working with children.... maybe even in teaching primary age children sports?

Thirding this. I did a brief stint as a substitute teacher and work a lot with primary school kids. I think you have several qualities that would make you a good fit for the job.

1) You're able to connect well with others and seem to have a genuine love of people. Being able to make material engaging on a personal level is what seperates really great educators, and I believe you'd be able to accomplish that.

2) You have a great sense of humor. Teaching is by no means easy work. A sense of humor is indicative (to me at least) of resiliancy, and speaks to the idea that you'd actually be able to hang in there when someone without that quality might start dealing with burn out.

3) Finally, you strike me as adaptable and capable of thinking on your feet. Kind of like my point on the importance of resiliancy, the day to day work of being a teach requires a lot of personal flexibility and resourcefulness. Sure, you have a lesson plan, but the real work requires someone who's comfortable going off script when necessary.

Anyways. That's my case for you and the whole teaching thing. Honestly, I think that the combination of traits that I mentioned that would make you a great teacher would lend itself to virtually any field where you get to work with people in a hands on way.

N

NPcomplete

<3 <3 I would love to run a coffee shop/pastry shop in the day and a bar in the evening. A renaissance meets steam punk sort of setting, with crazy machinery everywhere. <3 It'd be awesome! I had a dream about it and fell in love with it. :D But! This isn't about me..

I meant to say, working as a pastry chef or cake decorator is a lot of fun and a way to create a new skill. And going to school for it would be fun! Cake! All the time! and you'd smell good coming home from work! :)

:wizfreak:

I'd be lying if I said I have never fantasized about that. :D It'd be perfect. Avant-garde haute cuisine. :wub:
/derail

Seriously though, I imagine that as a pastry chef, you get to apply both creativity, art and science (cooking and baking involve quite a bit of science, specially if you want to come up with new creations). It's like designing and building bridges, edible bridges. :drool:

From what I've observed, AA strikes me as being very creative so.. :) Oh and the teacher option seems excellent as well. :yes:

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Oh I also echo the teacher suggestion. :)

Really? Interesting, I have to say if I was going to be a teacher it would have to be away from kids, im really bad with them. I also refuse to work with teenagers in a secondary school.

So.....that leaves college, but im loathe to go back to an environment of people more educated than myself, why put myself in such a power struggle?

I apologise, because I really do appreciate the input, but I cannot see myself as a teacher. The biggest problem I have is temper I struggle to keep it under control and I never know when it is going to hit or what triggers it.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Why no teenagers?

They scare me. I think im just judgemental and unfair to be honest. Im biased because I grew up around some vile teenagers and I think it influenced my view into a prejudice.

Im also scared that im not big enough to overcome this prejudice.