User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Id be up for both of those actually!

Unfortunately court jester went out of fashion years ago..stupid stuffy royal family...not letting me be a jester....hrm dermm.,......grumble...grizzle.
    Not necessarily, I had a TON of fun working at the local Renaissance Festival.. Acted silly, dressed in costumes everyday, worked with people that were happy and carefree because they were there to have fun.. So a theme park job, or a job like that might be fun. Especially holiday jobs, like helping out a haunted house or a christmas display thing that needs workers. All potentially fun jobs that are there to entertain people. When I worked at the Ren Fest, I made more money from making people laugh than I did knowing and describing the products I was selling.

Quote Originally Posted by thealchemist View Post
    High tech pastry chef!
    <3 <3 I would love to run a coffee shop/pastry shop in the day and a bar in the evening. A renaissance meets steam punk sort of setting, with crazy machinery everywhere. <3 It'd be awesome! I had a dream about it and fell in love with it. But! This isn't about me..

I meant to say, working as a pastry chef or cake decorator is a lot of fun and a way to create a new skill. And going to school for it would be fun! Cake! All the time! and you'd smell good coming home from work!
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    Well I always like talking to you, so anything involving people I think works for you. Nothing too detail oriented though maybe lol. Teaching kids maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    Oohhh yeah, i can see you working with children.... maybe even in teaching primary age children sports?
    Thirding this. I did a brief stint as a substitute teacher and work a lot with primary school kids. I think you have several qualities that would make you a good fit for the job.

1) You're able to connect well with others and seem to have a genuine love of people. Being able to make material engaging on a personal level is what seperates really great educators, and I believe you'd be able to accomplish that.

2) You have a great sense of humor. Teaching is by no means easy work. A sense of humor is indicative (to me at least) of resiliancy, and speaks to the idea that you'd actually be able to hang in there when someone without that quality might start dealing with burn out.

3) Finally, you strike me as adaptable and capable of thinking on your feet. Kind of like my point on the importance of resiliancy, the day to day work of being a teach requires a lot of personal flexibility and resourcefulness. Sure, you have a lesson plan, but the real work requires someone who's comfortable going off script when necessary.

Anyways. That's my case for you and the whole teaching thing. Honestly, I think that the combination of traits that I mentioned that would make you a great teacher would lend itself to virtually any field where you get to work with people in a hands on way.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

NPcomplete

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    <3 <3 I would love to run a coffee shop/pastry shop in the day and a bar in the evening. A renaissance meets steam punk sort of setting, with crazy machinery everywhere. <3 It'd be awesome! I had a dream about it and fell in love with it. But! This isn't about me..

I meant to say, working as a pastry chef or cake decorator is a lot of fun and a way to create a new skill. And going to school for it would be fun! Cake! All the time! and you'd smell good coming home from work!

I'd be lying if I said I have never fantasized about that. It'd be perfect. Avant-garde haute cuisine.
    /derail

Seriously though, I imagine that as a pastry chef, you get to apply both creativity, art and science (cooking and baking involve quite a bit of science, specially if you want to come up with new creations). It's like designing and building bridges, edible bridges.

From what I've observed, AA strikes me as being very creative so.. Oh and the teacher option seems excellent as well.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Bah I never got back to this thread....idiocy.

Thank you for the replies.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Oh I also echo the teacher suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Oh I also echo the teacher suggestion.
    Really? Interesting, I have to say if I was going to be a teacher it would have to be away from kids, im really bad with them. I also refuse to work with teenagers in a secondary school.

So.....that leaves college, but im loathe to go back to an environment of people more educated than myself, why put myself in such a power struggle?

I apologise, because I really do appreciate the input, but I cannot see myself as a teacher. The biggest problem I have is temper I struggle to keep it under control and I never know when it is going to hit or what triggers it.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

- A.A. Milne.

Why no teenagers?

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Why no teenagers?
    They scare me. I think im just judgemental and unfair to be honest. Im biased because I grew up around some vile teenagers and I think it influenced my view into a prejudice.

Im also scared that im not big enough to overcome this prejudice.

- A.A. Milne.