I'm bored at work and am pretty sure I've plateaued on the learning curve.
I'm reluctant to start looking for a new job because it's stressful but I fear I'm growing complacent. I've been looking at job descriptions and based on my own experience in the concrete jungle. This time I hope to be more discriminating and wiser when I look for a job and not so desperate to leave that I take anything that's thrown at me.
So I'm looking for buzzwords and phrases and what they really mean. I've identified some, but I want to compile more.
- Self-motivated/self-starter You won't receive much supervision or guidance; also implies like of structure within the organization
- Good communication skills Your coworkers are savage animals and the clients need to be potty trained
- Attention to detail Repetitive, unchallenging work
- Fast-paced environment: High turnover, train yourself
- Thinks outside the box You'll give them your ideas and they'll sit on it because no money's in the budget for that and yet the director is having lunch at the most expensive restaurant in the city every week on the company's dime
- Other duties as assigned Demand that statement be taken out! It will be your death!