User Tag List

First 123

Thread: 6 AP classes

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    @ygolo you sound super motivated. I think only a fraction of trad aged college students will be 1/2 as self-driven and organized as you were at that age. I barely even wanted to go to college.

For the OP a good question though - whats the ultimate goal for the class load?

Let us know what your counselor says. :P
    yeah college bleh! I dropped out 3 times it took my parents forcing me to back twice to realize that college isn't the place for me.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I took a mixture of all AP and IB classes - as many IB as I could and the rest AP. I didn't find it worth it, honestly. I think I should have spent more time working on my art and less time stressing out over essays. I got some college credit but not enough given the suffering. I hated high school!

But that's not to say you won't love it. Just - it's not always worth it when you get to college, unless you already know the path you want to take and how those courses are going to help you. I'd be more inclined to take the APs that are in your most interested fields and just do Honors for the rest.

edit - what @Rajah says below, exactly. Wish I'd focused more on my own wants and needs and less on achievement for achievement's sake.

Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

I took a boatload of AP and dual-enrollment courses... enough to knock a year off college. I wish I'd taken time to figure out what I wanted and what would make me a more well-rounded person instead of focusing on achievement for its own sake.

When I was your age, I wouldn't have listened to this advice, though.

I... suppose. Yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by Rajah View Post
    I took a boatload of AP and dual-enrollment courses... enough to knock a year off college. I wish I'd taken time to figure out what I wanted and what would make me a more well-rounded person instead of focusing on achievement for its own sake.

When I was your age, I wouldn't have listened to this advice, though.
    Everybody talk about being well rounded. I wonder what the significance of it is. If you can do your job/career/what you like in life well. Shouldn't you put all your energy into those and not mixing everywhere?