User Tag List

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Default Do huge differences of salary affect your interaction with your working colleagues?

I live and work in Morocco. And as you know, this is still a developping country.

But nonetheless, "developped" or not, human beings are human beings. I know people with my Curriculum Vitae and competence are very rare in that area and field of knowledge, but nonetheless do you think that you could honestly continue to work with people, when you know you are paid at least 12 times what they earn?

It's not a question of guilt (ENTPs like me have low moral standards anyway), it's rather a question of common sense.

What do you think of it?

Do you think it is deserved, or that it will affect and eventually pervert your social and working interactions with your working colleagues, especially if you do not like to command people or treat them as slaves like the ordinary Moroccan boss would?
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    I live and work in Morocco. And as you know, this is still a developping country.

But nonetheless, "developped" or not, human beings are human beings. I know people with my Curriculum Vitae and competence are very rare in that area and field of knowledge, but nonetheless do you think that you could honestly continue to work with people, when you know you are paid at least 12 times what they earn?

It's not a question of guilt (ENTPs like me have low moral standards anyway), it's rather a question of common sense.

What do you think of it?

Do you think it is deserved, or that it will affect and eventually pervert your social and working interactions with your working colleagues, especially if you do not like to command people or treat them as slaves like the ordinary Moroccan boss would?
    Are you sure it's not 9 or 13? Where are you getting this number? How are you valuing what somebody earns?

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yes I think its a system that lacks common sense, as it essentially creates a social caste system, and if you do not find the caste sensible or reasonable it will surely pervert all social interaction, making everything extremely difficult. I would imagine progressive slave owners who still kept slaves (i.e. Didn't feel ethically compelled to free them) but wanted to treat them with respect and humanity and even educated their slaves were in a similar odd position.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

in before #occupyTypologyCentral.
    we fukin won boys

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Are you sure it's not 9 or 13? Where are you getting this number? How are you valuing what somebody earns?
    I have the numbers. I know what my secretary earns in a month: about 385 US$. And I know how much I get paid: about 4688 US$/monthly (net wage)... That's a slightly more than 12 times what she earns.
    Even my Moroccan assistant lecturer is only paid 689 US$/monthly...

In these kind of countries; rich people usually treat others like slaves or servants (at best). And this would explain the huge gap. But nonetheless, I'm not ready to treat my assistant that way. Human beings are human beings. And I'm fed up with submissive, humble people: I want to work with people who would enjoy to think, to make suggestions or to take initiatives. Every morning, they are surprised when I say them "hello" or when I offer them a coffee; it's like they have never been respected during their entire life.

And for you, do you think such huge gap is "normal", or "acceptable"? Are you OK with it? How do you think this would affect your relationship with your working colleagues?
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    I have the numbers. I know what my secretary earns in a month: about 385 US$. And I know how much I get paid: about 4688 US$/monthly (net wage)... That's a slightly more than 12 times what she earns.
    Even my Moroccan assistant lecturer is only paid 689 US$/monthly...

In these kind of countries; rich people usually treat others like slaves or servants (at best). And this would explain the huge gap. But nonetheless, I'm not ready to treat my assistant that way. Human beings are human beings. And I'm fed up with submissive, humble people: I want to work with people who would enjoy to think, to make suggestions or to take initiatives. Every morning, they are surprised when I say them "hello" or when I offer them a coffee; it's like they have never been respected during their entire life.

And for you, do you think such huge gap is "normal", or "acceptable"? Are you OK with it? How do you think this would affect your relationship with your working colleagues?
    It exists in the US absolutely. I think the abusiveness or condescending nature of certain leaders is irrespective of compensation level though. In a lot of cases, people who have progressed high up the food chain have done so because they inspire loyalty from the people who work for them and you don't get that by treating them poorly.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639