User Tag List

First 4567 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sx/sp

If I were in that position, I would try to be as annoying as possible to whoever is in charge of him until a visible change is made too the situation. Also, if you're scared he might do something
    vvv

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    No he won't, carry a knife.

Keep one of these in your car:

If he comes to your house, shoot him in the fucking face.

If those are too much for you, get a tazer.
    to add to that, if he attacks you try to go for his eyes. If he can't see, he can't hurt you, and if you do permanent damage, it's something to remind him to be more tolerant. A gift to the world.
    Enneagram: Type 5, Dual Wing, SX/SP Instinct, Tritype 5-3w2-9w8
    MBTI: INTP

Like a Baws

Introverted (I) 57.14% Extroverted (E) 42.86%
    Intuitive (N) 63.16% Sensing (S) 36.84%
    Thinking (T) 70.37% Feeling (F) 29.63%
    Perceiving (P) 56.61% Judging (J) 43.39%

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I can't take any of these responses seriously, either because they are paranoid or impractical. The calls to "tell the boss" (which he already said he did) or to start a lawsuit are cowardly and unproductive. They are a means by which he can hide behind someone else and let them solve the problem for him.

But I did like someone's idea that the ENTJ manager is all talk. I hear in the OP more of a fear interpretation of events. He doesn't know if there is any substance behind the talk, so his fear invents it for him. This irrational response provides the excuse he needs to not take matters into his own hands.

Like I said above, he should take the assertive stance, not the cowardly one. Not the terrible "Me?" response. And not the violent one recommended by those who have their own agendas.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    2 so/sx

OP.

I don't know your situation.
    I feel for you.

How old are you (you sound young)?

If you are an INTP you might not realize how much emotional strain you are accumulating before it explodes in your face. Keep your weaknesses in mind. This one waste of skin might hurt your self esteem and long-term productivity.

Why not actively continue looking for a better work environment if the HR guys there are neither professional nor confidential about your issue. If they tolerate one jerk, they tolerate (or actively promote) more. Is it worth it - you have one life to live.

You don't deserve this.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by minutegovt View Post
    I agree. that is pretty low, I would report it to your boss
    Well, considering the manager doesn't care, the OP just has to take a stand as mal said and let the guy know whats what. People see weakness then they'll keep gnawing at it.

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    infj

Smile Happier workplace.

Ok, I've read all the posts after the one I have posted , and... @Mal+, I didn't just say "me", I've explained to the manager loudly so the guy would hear that that wasn't the first time that thing happened and I was full of it - If that makes it more assertive. I know the trick that entjs like to be challenged and have high regard for those who stand up to them someway, be it emotionally, intellectually.
    Anyway, the entj guy has quited his job shortly after those homophobic incidents. The gossip was that he quited because he was at brink of being sued by a lot of people who wouldn't take his crap anymore. I guess he realized that being the rude pseudo-alfa male idiot that he is doesn't aways get what he wants. I've heard that he's studying to be an airplane pilot now.
    I sincerely wish he can use his arrogance and leadership skills to transport people efficiently. And no, I really don't want him to crash his airplane anywhere.
    Nerd on a dancefloor.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I have not read the whole thread but in general as far as these workplace harassment, Get all Dick Nixon on your adversaries. Create files on them.

Every time do something inappropriate note it down (time, place, persons present). Not only does it help when you make your push on HR or even a lawsuit in stating your case. It makes you feel better as you do it and helps you keep your cool.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I think this is a troll thread, think about it, its someone posting about a phobic reaction to someone who is homophobic.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I think this is a troll thread, think about it, its someone posting about a phobic reaction to someone who is homophobic.
    Yes, notice that ole brazil has already backtracked and revised his previous statements. For example, now he says, 'I didn't just say "me", I've explained to the manager loudly so the guy would hear.' All of a sudden, he makes himself sound more courageous and far less phobic. This thread was a waste of time.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Maybe you should be proud. I don't know. You could come on to him to really get him to stop, but maybe you don't feel like you could defend yourself. In that case, sucks to be you, because you'll always fear people like this, even if you get someone to make him stop.

Honest question: why doesn't this make you mad? You could always learn how to use a handgun, get a permit, and get one yourself. It probably wouldn't hurt to be good with a combat knife either, but they are illegal in some states. Course, if you think you'd hesitant with these, it would probably just give people more reason to hurt you in a fight. Eh, I don't know.

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    infj

@Mal+

I don't want it to become an argument, butt...
    It's just that the way you talked, I sounded like a complete idiot. And, no I've never contradicted myself, I just didn't add some details. The manager desk is very next to the desk where the ENTJ guy used to be. I've said to the manager that that wasn't the first time such things happend and I was full of it so the guy would listen. Second, I've said that the ENTJ guy ws involved with gangs, and then I said he's studying to be an airplane pilot. Sounds conflicting, right, because he's rich and in a gang, but he was/is involved with SOCCER ORGANIZED GANGS common here in Brazil, and they attract high middle-class young males who have an affinity with violence and need an excuse to beat/kill people so they join these types of groups that have a fake serious motive behind them.
    Third, I've posted this post 3 months ago and I've been updating in between them. I had posted before that I had cut contact with him shortly after those incidents and the thread became more of a reflection of corporate discrimination incidents. Those who posted later, including you, must have read only the first post and thought I was still having trouble with him, so you make these assumptions
    The last: Lark, don't generalize it to all ENTJs (I see you're one and it sounds like you've put yourself in his position). I know some wonderful ENTJ people out there who even fight for the weak people and have kind of a hero complex about them, which I admire. But, frankly, you seem to me not very friendly towards gay people, am I wrong? I didn't want people to hate the ENTJ guy, anyone nor I were being "phobic" to him, people who posted will never even see him in their lives, they were phobic of his actions. Just read the title, I was asking how should I deal with it all.
    And, @Mal+ , still about typology, I'm an infp and sometimes I sound dramatic even about serious things because it's the way, ummm, I'm wired? All the infps out there know how it impacts our actions when we should do something about some events and we second guess ourselves because of fear of the situation being just drama, when they aren't drama, and it takes a while for us to see it.
    I really appreciate all the replies, you people are really empathetic and helpful.
    Nerd on a dancefloor.