User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    ENTP

I make a decent amount freelancing outside my day job (where I work from home (have you seen my posting frequency?)). I wouldn't really consider this entrepreneurial though because I have zero employees and no real overhead.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I make a decent amount freelancing outside my day job (where I work from home (have you seen my posting frequency?)). I would really consider this entrepreneurial though because I have zero employees and no real overhead.
    Contractor. Slave. (lol)

MBTI
    ENTP

No, I am fully employed AND I freelance. I am not a contractor.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    No, I am fully employed AND I freelance. I am not a contractor.
    So you're a full time slave, then a part time slave. Well done.

MBTI
    ENTP

I guess you could see it that way. I just prefer to make money rather than watch America's Next Top Model. Also, you're making the assumption that I actually put in a full 40 on my employer's behalf, which I don't generally.

<--- slacker

MBTI
    INFP

Default let's continue this thread!

so,..anybody want to share his/her enterpreneur story again?

I don't know,..
    but sometimes I feel like I am so freakin' BLIND in terms of how to start up, or even run a 'business' !
    & maybe this is exactly 'why' too I never got any passion in continue running my furniture-factory family-business,..no matter how strongly my Chinese family has 'pressured/forced' me to do..

sometimes I feel like "if I don't do business here in this society, I'd feel like a loser" ...

My real passion is in making/creating/composing/writing beautiful music.
    but even that one, I've read that it also requires business-skill, in order NOT to become a "poor struggling musician" , especially in today's very-competitive era in music "industry" (argh..how i hate that term 'industry') !
    why can't I just make beautiful music to share, and to inspire, and touch a lot of struggling hearts out there, in these days??..
    why does it always have to be involved with 'MONEY' ?..
    but then,..if there's no money, realistically, I wouldn't be able to eat, or live! arrgggh ;akldsjf;askdfj tough choice, and i'm confused as what i'm going to do, and I'm turning 27 this month!!!

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by niki View Post
    why can't I just make beautiful music to share, and to inspire, and touch a lot of struggling hearts out there, in these days??..
    why does it always have to be involved with 'MONEY' ?..
    but then,..if there's no money, realistically, I wouldn't be able to eat, or live! arrgggh ;akldsjf;askdfj tough choice, and i'm confused as what i'm going to do, and I'm turning 27 this month!!!

One can give so much away for free before thinking, "Wait a minute! they just spent $300 million on private jets and they want me to continue working for free? What kind of bogus non-tax deductible charity is this? If they value my contribution and have the means they will pay for it. If not, they won't."

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

I'm a freelance English teacher/trainer. Does that count?
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    Are there any Entrepreneurs/Business Owners on this forum?

If so, how did you start your business?

What was your initial business plan?

How did you get the seed capital?

How did you change your plans as time went on?

How successful is it (profitability, sustainability, providing the opportunities you wanted for yourself, etc.)?

How do you think your Myers-Briggs type influenced/influences your behavior during the start-up and growth phases of your venture?
    We've a family business since 1887, needless to say I wasn't there at the time.

Ever since I was in the company, it was a taxi company at the time and not a very healthy one. The taxi market was on its low in The Netherlands and many a taxi company went bankrupt at the time. We've expanded it in 2004 with a funeral service and in 2005 with a touringcar company on the side. To expand income and stay healthy. Oh, and we get the capitol by using the same balances to finance many things. That also means that we need to work pretty hard to make every bit of investment worthwhile right away. :P

We're working on the breaking point for the last 6 years, financially only expanding in capitol. And will likely continue to do so in order to get the most out of it in the end.

The taxi company part is still below norm and not able to sustain itself, but we've leveled it out with the other two companies.

In order to fit in as an INTP, I've had to make a few sacrifices ofcourse. And develop a work-mode for myself in order to be effecient and effective. This isn't a problem at all when it's about making money. However when working with things that do not make me money, I tend to get very tired from time to time. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf