• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I GOT IN I GOT IN!! -ahem- Post Academic Triumphs Here :)

WobblyStilettos

MBTI Type
INFP
I found out that my first choice of sixth form college accepted me today (so long as I get Bs in various subjects) so I am :yay: :D

So what about you guys? Any successes you want to gloat about? :D

WobblyStilettos

MBTI Type
INFP
Thanks!
Ack, sorry to continue the gloating but I just found out this particular college was over subscribed 3 to 1!!
I am bruised from people trying to make me stop singing 'I got in I got in I got iiiiiiiiiin' :) -happyhappyclappyness-

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:holy: I got accepted into a Masters program! :yay:

(though that will be old news for those on Vent or in my blog :doh:)

Nadir

Enigma
MBTI Type
INxJ
Enneagram
Congratulations! Which college is it? I too have applied to a few in the United Kingdom, so hopefully I'll be uttering similar cries later. :)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Gratz to all you happy happenin' people :)

I didn't get into my top choices when I applied for college. (They were both Ivy Leagues.) But I got accepted without even trying into my two fail-safe schools. Oh well. Such is life.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Congratulations all around... :cheers:

I was lazy when applying to college/grad school. Picked the closest one around :blush:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:dry: I'm only moving an hour away... but I'm getting out of a college town and moving to a REAL town! :)

ygolo

My termites win
Congratulations!!!

Do Graduations count too?

Gor intance Mz. Whatever, in adition to getting into an Masters program is also graduating soon...and assumption, but a safe one, I believe.

There is a long list of people who are 21/22 that I suspect are in the same camp.

Also, if all goes well, I will be graduating in June after a long time working a hefty full-time job while going to school part time. :D

WobblyStilettos

MBTI Type
INFP
:holy: I got accepted into a Masters program! :yay:

(though that will be old news for those on Vent or in my blog :doh:)

YAY CONGRATS! :D

The place I've got a conditional offer for is Hills Road Sixth Form College in Cambridge :) I think it's in the top 3 sixth forms in the country :O I guess I won the postcode lottery :D

Recoleta

No me digas, che!
MBTI Type
ISXJ
I have finished my first year of grad school...and not only have I survived what has been the hardest year/semester of my life, but I think I have truly stumbled upon my passion :)

Also a huge accomplishement: I was curious, and wanted to quantify the sheer volume of writing that I have done this semester (as in, since Jan. 6th) so I copied and pasted almost everything that I have turned in as a written assignment into MS Word, double-spaced, APA style, 12-pt. font in Times New Roman...and it turns out that in 4 months I managed to write roughly 165+ pages of text! :eek: I don't even want to think about the number of hours I spent simply writing...much less the number of hours I spent reading, reseaching, and commuting!

Also, congrats to WobblyStilettos and Whatever!

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
I have finished my first year of grad school...and not only have I survived what has been the hardest year/semester of my life, but I think I have truly stumbled upon my passion :)

Also a huge accomplishement: I was curious, and wanted to quantify the sheer volume of writing that I have done this semester (as in, since Jan. 6th) so I copied and pasted almost everything that I have turned in as a written assignment into MS Word, double-spaced, APA style, 12-pt. font in Times New Roman...and it turns out that in 4 months I managed to write roughly 165+ pages of text! :eek: I don't even want to think about the number of hours I spent simply writing...much less the number of hours I spent reading, reseaching, and commuting!

Also, congrats to WobblyStilettos and Whatever!

Hehe, you ISTJs just love counting your words :devil:

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
Congrats! All the best. No binge drinking...

:party2:
You done?

Did anyone end up saying happy happy clay penis?If you did, YOU HAVE WON TONIGHT'S STAR PRIZE!!!!

Hey Belfry. Nice one, man - that's an original way to congratulate a teenage girl getting into college. Have A Heart!

:smile:

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
There's a what in the what now?

Hey, Belfry. What is the meaning of stealing my sigs for your own nafarious uses? I work long and hard thinking up these pearls of wisdom by googling for daft quotes and other meaningless bric-a-brac.

Just cos you're in New Zealand don't think for one secondo the long skin of a yellow banana can't reach you in your lukewarm bath...

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
um my son got into the elementary school I wanted. His siblings are there but I had to cross catchment

OK Radio

MBTI Type
intj
I was accepted into the doctoral program for engineering and applied science at the University of New Orleans. I'll start in the fall. I got a scholarship to take care of tuition, which is helpful.

I'm excited about it.