User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 27

  1. #11
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    seriously? it's a fucking bakery job.
    Shit, I think it's hard work myself.

    Except for people who enjoy it. Same goes for cooks.

  2. #12
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Shit, I think it's hard work myself.

    Except for people who enjoy it. Same goes for cooks.
    I'm not saying it isn't hard work, I'm saying that anyone can learn how to do it
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  3. #13
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I'm not saying it isn't hard work, I'm saying that anyone can learn how to do it
    That doesn't make any sense to me. The work part has a lot to do with learning how to cook or bake. They're not seperate. You fuck up a lot, and learn over time. And in places like this, you don't get a lot of responsibility to learn anyways until you can be trusted with a lot of tedious shit. The only people who do it are those who enjoy it.

  4. #14
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    That doesn't make any sense to me. The work part has a lot to do with learning how to cook or bake. They're not seperate. You fuck up a lot, and learn over time. And in places like this, you don't get a lot of responsibility to learn anyways until you can be trusted with a lot of tedious shit. The only people who do it are those who enjoy it.
    my point is simple, the prerequisite skills to work at a bakery are almost nothing.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  5. #15
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    my point is simple, the prerequisite skills to work at a bakery are almost nothing.
    ...um, as an hourly, low-paid assistant part-time. Actually being a pastry chef takes a ton of skill. Even being able to decorate the simple birthday cakes in a grocery store isn't as easy as it looks, I taught myself to do it while working in grocery stores, and I had people seek out my ability to even write clearly on a cake for a customer while I was working as a cashier on the front end.

    Kitchen work is also very stressful, if it's a busy kitchen. However, most bakeries are small enough where it would be a relatively low-stress job for someone with a proper skills.

    Ideally, prpl would be one of the people who came in early to cook and bake, as opposed to being there in the busiest parts of the afternoon and evening which are more high volume customer based, and requires a higher level of responding to the immediate environment.

  6. #16
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I'm not saying it isn't hard work, I'm saying that anyone can learn how to do it
    Have you gone to culinary school? No?

    So you're thinking of a bread baker and stuff, right?

  7. #17
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    @Marmie Dearest
    @KDude
    it has just come to my attention that prpz is starting a baking business and not just getting a job as a baker. I retract my previous comments (though they were never intended to be disrespectful, this piece of information completely changes my opinion). starting a business of any kind is not for amateurs.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  8. #18
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Now I know why americans invented fast food: you think working in a bakery or kitchen is already stressful .

    In every craftsman job the start is stressful, but after already half a year you'll develop routines and know what to do when xy is needed. An active job like that would be impo the thing you could need right now, cause it would make you very tired and when you come home you'll straightly go to bed not cashing in booze on the way, if you know what I mean.

    You should do it. I am a big fan of bakery products ! maybe we can trade some recipes, could be a bonus for you if you'ld know some foreign stuff .
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  9. #19
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,772

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Now I know why americans invented fast food: you think working in a bakery or kitchen is already stressful .

    In every craftsman job the start is stressful, but after already half a year you'll develop routines and know what to do when xy is needed. An active job like that would be impo the thing you could need right now, cause it would make you very tired and when you come home you'll straightly go to bed not cashing in booze on the way, if you know what I mean.

    You should do it. I am a big fan of bakery products ! maybe we can trade some recipes, could be a bonus for you if you'ld know some foreign stuff .
    I love foreign stuff and trading recipes.

    is it weird i love making breads and cakes but i don't eat a lot of them because often an hour later i feel like i'm going to pass out?
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  10. #20
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I love foreign stuff and trading recipes.

    is it weird i love making breads and cakes but i don't eat a lot of them because often an hour later i feel like i'm going to pass out?
    Thats normal, its the sugar rush .

    Be glad you can eat that much, one cup of cake and I have 2 pounds more :/
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Similar Threads

  1. [JCF] INFJ Tertiary Temptation. Can someone look into this and tell me what you think?
    By IndigoViolet11 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-04-2016, 09:44 PM
  2. [INTP] Everyone around me says I"m negative
    By think2much in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 02-07-2011, 02:03 AM
  3. TE DOMINANTS - READ THIS NOW AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!
    By Ezra in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-13-2010, 11:52 AM
  4. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-17-2009, 10:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO