User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

If you want confidence, give someone you notice with skills confidence by complimenting them on theirs if you mean it.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    XNXP
    Enneagram
    OMG sx
    Socionics
    iuno

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar7 View Post
    If you want confidence, give someone you notice with skills confidence by complimenting them on theirs if you mean it.
    that sounds interesting. I could think about it all day but could you tell me why?
    1+1=3 OMFG

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Munchies View Post
    that sounds interesting. I could think about it all day but could you tell me why?
    I don't know the details either lol...My experience has been that after complimenting someone..sooner or later more confidence comes.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    XNXP
    Enneagram
    OMG sx
    Socionics
    iuno

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar7 View Post
    I don't know the details either lol...My experience has been that after complimenting someone..sooner or later more confidence comes.
    Well complementing others gets rid of jealousy, and getting rid of jealousy would make you see more good within you rather then good within others which you are envy of? HmmmMMmmmMMmm
    1+1=3 OMFG

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

No offense Avatar7, but I think that advice is ridiculous. What's your motive for that advice anyways? From what I have observed, people who butter people up too much tend to have bad motives to take that person down when they least expect it. Complimenting a person's confidence to give you some? I think you're forgetting my I and F in this scenario. In fact, why are you bothering with me to "give" advice or this thread? I'm no INFJ.
    Save Thundercats 2011 petition. Because we do what we can. HO!!!:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/warn...another-season

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

http://art.nmu.edu/department/AD_Car....html#AGENCIES

I found this site on the net, and I'm like "WOAH!" I can't really decide which to choose and I have no idea what I'm asking. O.o All I know is to just sing that Beatles song, "Help."
    Save Thundercats 2011 petition. Because we do what we can. HO!!!:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/warn...another-season

MBTI
    ENTP

Hi!

My best advice is that, no matter how awkward you may think you look, nobody really notices. Maybe I'm saying that because I'm generally pretty inattentive when it comes to crowds, but trust me, nobody's going to be looking at your shoes. I should know. I've worn some pretty ugly shoes.

Basically, key things to remember is that when being introduced, or introducing yourself, make eye contact and smile. Even if you feel the smile may be contrived, it will help you to gain some kind of mutual understanding with this person. A smile says: I'm happy to meet you and I'm ready to work. Or possibly: Sup?

If you're being asked questions, or giving answers, don't be afraid of silence. Silence is actually very important to conversation. Relax and let silence happen if you don't have anything to say. Using the time during the silence, think of options, think of the things you want to say. Practice this with someone you know, if you like. Hopefully someone you don't know too well, because then you may be a bit shy and you can learn to overcome that in this manner.

This is advice that I remember from Journalism. Even though I'm pretty extroverted, I found it useful, and I hope that it helps you too.