User Tag List

123 Last

Permabanned

Default Lifestyles for people who don't like work?

Something I've come to realize about myself is that I don't like work. I dislike having to get up..having to be somewhere..having to do something. It's not that I'm lazy (I can be extremely hardworking sometimes..) it's just I hate having to do something. Even if I have to do this thing just once, I'll still hate every moment leading up to me doing this thing. Ironically, I'm quite capable of doing a lot of things...I just hate being scheduled to do it.

This is why I've had a hard time picking and sticking to a career. I don't want to be boxed in like that. I have no idea if future me is going to like doing the same type of things past me likes, all I know is preseent me would rather let future me figure it out without dictating terms to him..if that makes sense.

It's a shame because I know I'm capable of producing value..but the value I produce is only realized as value after it has been produced. While it was being being produced, it was being produced for the sake of itself...regardless of potential value. I like if what I'm doing turns out to have value, but absolutely hate it when I'm expected to produce value.

Which is kind of the definition of work. Thus, I hate work.

But the world doesn't work that way (but then again the world doesn't really 'work' either, not well anyway..)

So what would you recomend as career to someone who hates work?

( I figured I'd ask, you never know, right?)

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

I'm a bit like you, I usually a hard time to wake up befor midday. That being said, I actually like to work very much, but I'm a slow starter and I dislike shedules.

Guru, rock star, dictator are good carrers for people like us, but to achieve this, you need to be good at self-promotion and have a real passion for what you do.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I am very productive on the 3 to 11 shift and I don't feel that intimidation of having to be somewhere every morning. If I have to be somewhere early in the morning 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, I am completely miserable and feel as though it takes over my life. I'm never stressed or anxious about having to be at work with a 32 hour, 3 to 11, flexible schedule.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    yupp

your like 90% of the population just saying
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    Yes.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

no, lots of people love to work. most of the Js I know (especially TJs) can't stop working
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by xisnotx View Post
    ... Future me doesn't like being dictated to... What are good careers for people who don't like work
    Finally a thread I can get behind! It's a shame the language doesn't really allow us to say what I know were both thinking. The way it gets said always implies we want to win the lottery. I always have to explain, "I'm willing/want to do work and produce valued things! ... I just don't like the available options which more resemble indentured servitude!"

It's easy(er) to live the way you're describing if you go a) frugal b) create a 2 years rainy day fund c) don't have a family or kids to financially ruin everything... It's not that easy but also not that hard. THEN just work intermittent projects and odd jobs etc. This sort of plan tends to get poo pooed by parents and older folk with the "well you'll need to pick a career to support a house and a family!". Like you, I always wonder why is future me dictating to present day me? Why do these phantom families that we don't yet have dictating our lives ?!

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Guru, rock star, dictator are good carrers for people like us, but to achieve this, you need to be good at self-promotion and have a real passion for what you do.
    Guru of something non-pretentious is a good route. Then you can either run your own small company or shop or work out a good deal with an employer.

I'd guess:
    40% want something for nothing, period ( lottery)
    30% want something for something (I denatured servitude and they'll enjoy it for all the 'thingz' it buys and 'for their family')
    20% want nothing, period (hermit monk types)
    10% want to work, but don't want to be indentured servants

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    no, lots of people love to work. most of the Js I know (especially TJs) can't stop working
    Id say all SJs. Most SPs. Some NTs. Most NFs I know don't like work mostly because the real world doesnt really value (with $) what we have to offer.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I don't think that's true, we just like to be productive.

I would suggest a later schedule. A lot of the people I know that work 3-11 or midnights love it and never want to switch.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    HAHAHAHA wow
    RCUAI
    ---------
    "Man is free, but his freedom ceases when he has no faith in it."