User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I'm going to be self-employed eventually, it's just harder because I don't have any manual skills, the only things I like to do are music & writing. I don't think it's possible to make money with writing anymore, unless you get discovered by a famous publisher in New York City & write a story about overcoming alcoholism or being a housewife who has a life-awakening affair with a younger man. I'm certain I can make money with music but it's going to take a few years of poverty, but das coo.
    RCUAI
    ---------
    "Man is free, but his freedom ceases when he has no faith in it."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    your like 90% of the population just saying
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    no, lots of people love to work. most of the Js I know (especially TJs) can't stop working
    Quote Originally Posted by Venom View Post
    Id say all SJs. Most SPs. Some NTs. Most NFs I know don't like work mostly because the real world doesnt really value (with $) what we have to offer.
    i don't think it's about "love to work" at all, for anyone. who loves jumping out of bed on an icy monday morning to drive to work in the dark? pretty much no one. the SJs i know and love - my mom and boyfriend - i think they're just like me, they'd really rather spend their time being free, but they seem to more easily accept work as something that is simply a necessary part of life than the Ps i know. we tend to... resist... more. thread being case in point.

i think we'd all rather live life on our own schedule but that's just not a feasible possibility for the vast majority of us.

MBTI
    xNTJ
    Socionics
    LIE

I hate routine.

Start organized crime, become the head boss - works every time.

In all seriousness though, a kiosk in a mall, teach English to somebody who doesn't speak it for good money, find someone to make music with or make ringtone for phones..or find the newspaper and sign up to make cd cases in your house all day long, whenever you want.

As for lifestyle around that; well, you have to be prepared to go from one thing to the next, and scan for all possibilities for it to support you and not fall through. Kiosks cost alot depending on where you go, but I did it for a year, and if you provide the right product at the right time of year, it's gold.

But if you have bills, like my leased car - the lifestyle is too inconsistent to support this. It may cause anxiety and stress if you aren't willing to go out and get all these permits and documents to work on your own, have your own business, etc.

Otherwise, start selling or trafficking drugs, good money, if you're smart..or stolen tvs, weapons, car parts, whatever. Or buy cheap cars and up sell them to morons. I bought a Mercedes from someone, cleaned it up and up sold it, but that requires a lot of people skills because you have to be able to convince them, hehe.

If you also fall in line with a community or network of people, you can get far. Found a guy that redid floors whenever he felt like it, and would call me to help if I wanted. I'd make 800 bucks a day working 12 hours, at mansions just popping up wood and laying it down and waxing it, and I made my own schedule. It wasn't steady work, but the money you'd get in a single day - no problem.

xNTJ (other type; INTP 88%)
    Extroverted (E) 50%% Introverted (I) 50%%
    Intuitive (N) 90% Sensing (S) 10%
    Thinking (T) 90% Feeling (F) 10%
    Judging (J) 90% Percieving (J) 10%

i just learned about a this profession-description: "philosophical counselor"

(like a psychologist, who is only concerned with grown up issues, like existential crisis or ethical dillemas in real life, but not with matters of personality structure. like a guru who doesn't go all the way, unles he is asked to)

someone already mentioned gurus, but most gurus used to be students/seekers once and many students got around the world somehow, hopping from guru to guru to monastery to cult to church, having exciting adventures, you know sex with women from 50 different countries. as well as having short jobs in this or that country. it's psychologically less frustrating (but more scary) to work in a purposeless, maybe shitty job, if you work for a goal (like getting the money to continue your trip to another country) than when all your work is only done to finance your meaningless existence in the same old shitty boring town, waiting for the premiere of the 253rd tv channel.

MBTI
    yupp

I'm starting up my own business to support myself through school so I don't have to get a retail job
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I'm starting up my own business to support myself through school so I don't have to get a retail job
    That's cool. What kind of business?

MBTI
    ESFJ

I have a love/hate relationship with work. I love the idea of it at present but that's only because I've been out of it for 5 months *sigh*. I prefer employment without a clear direction so leaving options open. Though saying that today i applied for a job in another city which will require bus, train then bus again. And to imagine i pissed and moaned about about walking 5 mins to work in my last role, lol.

It's all good fun, so they say. *I don't know who 'they' are*

If you consider the self employment route, just ask yourself, What skill do have that people would be willing to pay for? Then go forth and conquer

Quote Originally Posted by Aspen View Post
    She has been banned (name in red) for a while but will be back eventually
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I am very productive on the 3 to 11 shift and I don't feel that intimidation of having to be somewhere every morning. If I have to be somewhere early in the morning 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, I am completely miserable and feel as though it takes over my life. I'm never stressed or anxious about having to be at work with a 32 hour, 3 to 11, flexible schedule.
    Exactly. OP, you should specify what you mean by "I don't like to work". If you don't like working a traditional 9-to-5 then you are in the boat with most people.

Do you not like working for other people?

Do you not like a consistent schedule?

Do you not like having to get dressed for work and commute?

So many jobs can give you flexibility, different hours, episodic/project based work, relaxed dress codes, being your own boss,etc.

Por ejemplo:

Hairstylist, nurse, anything with movie production, massage therapist, small business owner (could be anything from being a dog walker to franchising a Subway to public relations), house cleaning, sales job where no one cares about anything other than your quotas and you get paid on commission, work in a restaurant (server, host, waiter), nightlife (bartender, cocktail waitress, go-go dancer), real estate agent, graphic designer, interior designer, writer, journalist, private tutor, instructor for adults (in the arts, computer science, sports, etc.)

I just saw an episode of 'House Hunters International' where a Frenchman from Paris with exactly the same aversion as you took a paltry $20,000, took a course in cheese making, and moved to a remote rural area of Nepal to buy land and build and run a cheese farm with no electricity. I'm not kidding. He plans on making a living selling his 'french cheese made by a real french man' in Kathmandu 1x a week.

Think about what it is you don't like and what it is you do like and make it happ'n cap'n.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Aspen View Post
    She's starting a catering business.

You can make the dream come true as well!
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Are you any good at poker? You could go pro, but it might be risky. You could even be on the other side of the table dealing cards. Playing games all day wouldn't feel like work , plus you could work weird hours if you wanted to.
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari