User Tag List

123 Last

Default Overnight Studying

Done it before? Tips? Suggestions?

I've only done it once... but I REALLY REALLY need to cram for the two finals I have coming up soon (a bunch of names and dates I need to remember.)

So to those who have done it countless of times... what did you do to stay awake?

Glycerine

Have a little snack. Study until you feel like conking out, take a 1-2 hour nap, get up study some more, take the test, then pass out. No alcohol and caffeine.... makes you crash...

Learn how all the concepts, people, events work together and the details will come flooding to you during the test.... that's how I learn from cramming. If it's math or logic, an all nighter is seriously bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    Have a little snack. Study until you feel like conking out, take a 1-2 hour nap, get up study some more, take the test, then pass out. No alcohol and caffeine.... makes you crash...

Learn how all the concepts, people, events work together and the details will come flooding to you during the test.... that's how I learn from cramming. If it's math or logic, an all nighter is seriously bad.
    Good snacks to cram with?

What I am studying isn't math or logic , just..... lots of names, dates, and people. @.@

I've actually devise a way I am going to cram this material.

Glycerine

Protein and water/juice to wake up your brain. Good luck!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post

Oops. I just finished an irish coffee a while ago. Darn you Cell biology/physiology, you drive me to the drink.
    INTJ 5w4 sx/sp 584 ILI-Ni

Quote Originally Posted by earthtrekker1775 View Post
    Oops. I just finished an irish coffee a while ago. Darn you Cell biology/physiology, you drive me to the drink.
    I've been drinking lots of soda

but need some stomach food that can hold me overnight.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by earthtrekker1775 View Post
    haha, maybe caffeine doesn't make you crash? You lucky man! lol For me, I get energized and then have a major CRASH and fall asleep for the whole night.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post

I've only done it once... but I REALLY REALLY need to cram for the two finals I have coming up soon (a bunch of names and dates I need to remember.)

So to those who have done it countless of times... what did you do to stay awake?
    I've done it a lot. Doing college the hard way (after kids, full time job) didn't give me a lot of options. One is I always tried to take a nap prior. I would lay down at 7 or 8pm and set my alarm for 10 or so. Coffee, a snack, music or tv but nothing distracting. I use to keep the local weather radar with that robotic voice on. For whatever reason it was enough sound to be soothing but not too much. With my last couple coding classes and prior to taking the RHIT certifications, I had to cut it into blocks and study one at a time. Too many numbers to remember all at once.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Many many times. Always had the bad habit of cramming, but I'm also a night person and do my best work overnight. If you want "good" snacks I would say fruit, carrot sticks, cheese, and peanuts/ peanut butter crackers. Cottage cheese if you like it. All snacks that are filling and will keep you going. (I can't say I was good about that, I was into the candy and scotch and redbulls and voila, we developed a panic disorder in college! ) Be really general and conceptual with the learning if at all possible for the topic. Music, power naps, cool showers, stretching and meditating. You should be good to go!
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    Yes, I have a suggestion