Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    Yes, I have a suggestion

Don't
    Yeah, of course that's the best thing.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

strange double post.
    INTJ 5w4 sx/sp 584 ILI-Ni

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Try to stick with fresh fruits and complex carbs. Oatmeal is good because you can add all kinds of good things to it. Stay away from real greasy and fatty foods, they take a long time to digest and slow everything down, not good for when you will likely be sitting for many hours. Sodas and other sweets can leave you with a burnout feeling. Many small snacks or meals and no really large ones will help keep your energy without bogging you down. Also, getting up and walking or pacing while reading your notes or going through flash cards can help. Keep the temp a little cooler than usual and it may help keep you alert. Get up and exercise a bit every couple hours, breaks up the monotony and gets your blood flowing, even if it is just a few jumping-jacks or 2 minutes jogging in place.
    Good luck.

Edit: If you do opt for some sleep (recommended) try to give yourself time for sleep in multiples of 90 minutes (3, 4 1/2 or 6 hours) Your body should be able to successfully complete a sleep cycle in 90 minutes and you will wake feeling more rested instead of feeling like a zombie.
    INTJ 5w4 sx/sp 584 ILI-Ni

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    Good snacks to cram with?
    Popcorn
    Apple slices and peanut butter
    Dry cereal like Honeycomb or Frosted Mini Wheats
    Protein like beef or chicken in a wrap with some veggies.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    Yes, I have a suggestion

Don't
    Well, I don't have a choice this time around, do I?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I've found it's better to get a good night's sleep (or at least six hours) and wake up early to cram maybe one or two hours before your test, then ace the shit out of it while it's still fresh in your mind.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

NPcomplete

If it was the kind of exam you're talking about - remembering dates, places and names - I used to read the material as stories. If there weren't any stories, I'd come up with them. Last-minute inspiration + exam adrenaline =

In case of math and science exams, I would practice problem sets, look at past exams, quiz and get quizzed by my trusty study partner and finally get at least 6 hours of sleep.

Do you have anyone you can study with (anyone who's not too chatty or disruptive..)? Are there past exams? You might see patterns such as the types of questions asked.

Good luck!

I miss exams now.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

1. When you sleep your brain reorganizes for long term storage. During the semester, you want to study, then sleep, and have your brain do its thing to store information long term. However, if you are truly night-before cramming, it's smarter to sleep from like 9pm - 12pm (90 minute increment!) and then spend 8 hours cramming and write your test without going back to sleep because you're short-terming it and need as little brain change as possible.

2. If you're getting tested on names/dates, and other specifics, all the studies show you're better off lasering your focus on a few key things you think your prof will put on the test and gambling on those being there. DO NOT waste your time learning general information on every unit. For a details-oriented test, you won't be able to score points if you only know the context and general information, so don't waste your precious few hours trying to conquer everything. Accept your situation, cut your losses, and be a laser on the things you think are going to be on there. This is where you poll your classmates and use their instincts to triangulate where you should focus on the details.

3. Invent and memorize a few mnemonics. Scan your mnemonics as late as you can until they tell you to put your materials away, and then repeat them to yourself over and over in your head as you wait for the tests to be handed out. Then as soon as you get your test, brain dump them on the first page. This is not cheating, it's just effective strategy.

For example, in music, you might memorize the order of sharps: FCGDAEB. "Father Charles Goes Down And Ends Battle." So first you brain dump a bunch of weird things like FCGDAEB on the page, and then you IMMEDIATELY decode them and write that down, because you don't want to forget the meaningfulness that you've attached to it.

Voila. A *legal, moral* cheat sheet.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    2. If you're getting tested on names/dates, and other specifics, all the studies show you're better off lasering your focus on a few key things you think your prof will put on the test and gambling on those being there. DO NOT waste your time learning general information on every unit. For a details-oriented test, you won't be able to score points if you only know the context and general information, so don't waste your precious few hours trying to conquer everything. Accept your situation, cut your losses, and be a laser on the things you think are going to be on there. This is where you poll your classmates and use their instincts to triangulate where you should focus on the details.
    Definitely this. One of the professors does the same type of testing for every tests, she even tells the class that the testing is similar, so I am not as worried too much about it (the information is more important to her than the name/date/period etc.)

The other one, however, seems to love to give more information than required. She puts equal points on the dating and the information that pertains to those facts. She is more into the "extraneous" information. Her final is cumulative, however, and it puts more stress into other dates and facts that I may have forgotten.

I'm sort of learning in 2 different modes here. The second one being the harder to do because there is just too many detail to think about.

Anyhow, I've decided to sleep today and actually do the overnight studying tomorrow. Most of today have been spent organizing my study material so that I can add the information into my head. Just the organizing and rearranging of information adds a lot to my mind.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Finally, try to add as many senses as possible so it gets snagged and trapped in your mind. Write it down to bring in your motor memory, sing it and listen to your singing to bring in your auditory memory, etc.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis