User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Horrible College Experiences

827 sp/so
    SLE Ti

There are classes during dead week- they're just not allowed to have any tests during dead week In other words, it's a test free week of classes in which we all study our asses off and have no fun!
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett

Mamma said knock you out Array Mempy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    There are classes during dead week- they're just not allowed to have any tests during dead week In other words, it's a test free week of classes in which we all study our asses off and have no fun!
    They're running just like you
    For you, and I, wooo
    So people, people, need some good ol' love

A long time ago I had to get a load of bills to an ex-flatmate who had managed to get a room at the college. It was only ten minutes walk, so I thought I'd walk copies of the bills round and say hi. He'd never been particularly social, mostly prefering to lock himself away in his room - "studying" as he put it. When I got to the college, the security guys offered to show me to his quarters as it was difficult to find if you hadn't been before. I suspect they were under order to keep an eye on suspicious characters, as well. True enough, the room was a nightmare to find - up stairs and along, downstairs and right, then left then right. One of the guards had saw my ex-flatmate recently and the light from under the door suggested he was in. After knocking several times, with no reply, one of the guards got worried and warned that he was going to affect an entry. The door finally opened and my ex-flatmate appeared in a silk nightgown looking rather flustered and wearing pink lipstick. The two guards were horrified. I explained the purpose of the visit trying, but failing, to look unnerved. He hadn't at this point realised he'd forgotten about the lipstick... I assume he had tried frantically to get out of his "evening wear" but forgot the *slap* in the mad rush to get his stockings, etc, off. One of the sucurity guys said the bright pink colour "suited him", as I was leaving. Some more little bills arrived later, which he owed on. I put them in the post.

Junior Member Array

I had my share of occasional rough events during the first three years of school, but everything has really gone downhill since then.

I had a 3.7 at the end of my junior year. Last semester I got a 1.5. This semester, I have no idea what I'm going to get. I just know I failed two computer science classes (that I didn't actually need to take, but I took cause I was on scholarship and I was stupid), and got by with a D in my last required physics class.

The thing that really blows about it all is that I know it's not about ability. I had A's all the way through until halfway in the semester, when everything fell apart. I slept through my classes, I didn't turn in any of my projects or homework. It's really frustrating, not only because this isn't going to look good on a resume, but also because my parents bounce between being pissed off because they think I'm just slacking off or worried sick because they think I'm totally fucked up.

The only redeeming thing is that I got an A out of a psychology class (a junior level cognition course I took for fun, even though I've never taken any psychology ever before) although I think I was just lucky that it was easy as hell.

The last thing I have to do now to graduate is finish (and by that I mean start and finish) the research project I was supposed to have started two years ago but that I've been procrastinating. It's going to suck unless I can somehow come up with my own original physics project because the one I've been working on with my advisor sucks. I literally have no idea what I'm doing.

Sorry for the rant. I haven't been feeling so well lately..