I'll be escaping community college soon. A good way to save money, but it isn't terribly thought provoking. Some general questions I have:
1. What are things I should probably take with me when I am forced into a dorm? What shouldn't I take?
2. Are there any colleges that don't force you to do a bunch of bullshit pointless work, or is that a requirement for it to be a college?
3. Does it *really* matter where I go to college? Is there a point in me working to get into a school with a bunch of rich entitled kids who work way too hard?
4. Major in engineering? Chemistry? Theoretical physics? What degrees are worth it?
5. What happens if I decide I want to be a doctor?
6. Should I do a second year of comm college, or if I can get into, say, Boston University, should I go there? Should I not even bother with an up there public college? How am I supposed to pick a college I will be happy with?
Other miscellaneous details appreciated.