• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Considering Babysitting/Nanny

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I assume that a good majority of people here know me well enough to determine if I might be fit for a certain job. I've seen a lot of postings for nanny and babysitter jobs on indeed.com lately and have been wondering if I should go into it. Does anyone think that I would be qualified for such a job? And does anyone else have any experince in such a feild of work + advice concerning it? Thanks.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I babysat for years. Do you know anything about kids? Have you been around children or infants?

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think you'd make a good babysitter/nanny.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I babysat for years. Do you know anything about kids? Have you been around children or infants?

Well, I've grown up with my siblings who are respectively 2 and 4 years younger than I am, as well as the younger siblings of freinds. Also, I know that while some kids are sweet little angels, others can be downright assholes; some children curse, don't follow rules, disrespect their elders, and have no morals at all. The way to deal with such troublemakers is not through direct confrontation or control (unless of course one is extremely intimidating), but rather to 'ally' with them; if rude kids want to watch South Park while mommy and daddy ain't home, I'd let em and watch it with them, make them see me as a role model or freind rather than 'babysitter'; thus I would have more control, theoretically speaking.

I think you'd make a good babysitter/nanny.